*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/236636-A-Mothers--Love
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#236636 added April 11, 2003 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
A Mother's Love
My sons mean everything to me. I try to give them everything in life as far as love, security and a feeling that I am always going to be there for them.
I have been thinking how lucky my family is as my children have parents that love each other. We show that love to each other and to each of them.
As a teacher I see a lot of mixed families. You have a lot of divorces now a days. I truly don't know how a single parent does it. I know it takes a lot.
The thing is a child needs your time more than anything. They need that cuddle up time. They need you for homework time or just to read a book. They need you to play a favorite game with them. They need you to be there when they don't feel good and when they do feel good. A lot of parents don't get that with their kids. They have to work longer hours. I know I have a parent that works very late several nights a week. Her son doesn't see much of her. She is a single parent. I can't imagine my children and I being separated like that.
Lately I have been feeling guilty because I have been so tiired. Several afternoons and esp. on the weekends, i just nap. I know I deserve it and my kids seem fine with it. But then I think am I giving a signal to them. One of not paying enough attention to them. I mean I am paying attention to them-- but I haven't spent much quality time with them. I know it is just me-- but I want them to grow up thinking--- my mom always had time for me and nothing else was as important. Or will they think- my mom worked alot and she was so tired all the time--- but she loved me. Well maybe I am being a little dramatic. But I feel like that sometimes. MY oldest has asked for us to go to a movie together. I think I will quit putting him off and take him up on it as soon as I can. I just want them to remember me doing a lot of different things with them. I know I treasure that from my own parents. Even today I like to go home and spend some quality time with them.
© Copyright 2003 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/236636-A-Mothers--Love