*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/244719-Ramblings-II
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #459487
This is not for the faint-hearted!
#244719 added June 5, 2003 at 3:28am
Restrictions: None
Ramblings II
Continuation of Ramblings 1

         "Father, could you repeat that again?" she asked.
         "For the sake of the village, we cannot be left unprotected or have a matron who is unmarried. We cannot have you unwed child. The villain would take instant note of that and insist that you come to him," my father said.
         Ariala looked at her fiance. He looked faintly abashed, as though he was guilty of not giving her an early warning. "Father," she said, "Could you leave us alone?" she said, her voice deceptively soft.
         Her fiance looked scared, yet the moment the doors closed behind him he immediately went to hold her. "How did it happen?" she said into his shirt, holding him close to her as though he were the only reality she knew.
         "We don't know either. And before you ask," he said, cupping her face, "We don't have any suspects. Your mother had effectively ruled out everyone, even that villain. We know who is not involved, not who is. Your mother wants you back for more than simply because she wants to see you. The ceremony of the MoonLit must take place before the next waning of the moon," he said.
         "My love..." she replied, "Could you, after the wedding..." she did not know how to end.
         "Let you come back and study here? Well, if you trust the village girls would leave a poor old married man like me alone..." he grinned.
         "You wouldn't!" she said, shocked.


Vanity of vanities. Kill the Buddha as you meet him, kill the father as you meet him. Don't be captivated by anyone, just live your life the way you are.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/244719-Ramblings-II