*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/256932-914-For-Forest-and-Me-Im-Assuming
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #324362
a fun journal for breaking through writers block
#256932 added September 21, 2003 at 3:46pm
Restrictions: None
9/14: For Forest and Me/ I'm Assuming
Questions for September 14th:


~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~


If you had to eliminate one season permanently (spring, summer, autumn, winter} which one would go? Why?


For Forest and Me


If I were to create a world with three seasons I would extend Spring from March into mid-July and start Autumn early in mid-July through mid-November. Winter would be contained from mid-November through March. I would eliminate any undue summer temperature that does nothing but serve to dry out the mountain forests I so love. We are losng our precious wilderness areas in the Rocky Mountain States to wild fire because there isn't enough water to keep the fire hazard to a safe level. (Well there are other polital reasons too, but we won't go into that). My hottest temperatue of spring will climb to the mid 80's. The same with autumn. Winter can get as cold as it wishes as long as it snows. The cold does not bother me in the least because I know how to dress for it and I know how to prepare for it. The Summer heat on the otherhand, is something I cannot withstand comfortably. The heat zaps my strength and there are some days I literally feel ill.

I love the fresh green and the yellows, white, reds, blues, and violets of the flowers and grasses springing to life after a cold winter. I also enjoy the golds, reds, and browns of the fall as night temperatures drop below freezing at night but climb to a comfortable 65 degrees during the day. Winter colds are important for these seasons to thrive. Summer heat isn't essential. And I love walking in the rain or in a gentle snow fall. Spring and Autumn have beautiful sunny days and wonderful days of rainfall. Winter had beautiful sparkling days and wonderful light grey days when a body can walk in the fairyland of falling white crystals. Summer has 90 degree to 120 degree heat with dry lightning and hot winds. I and the mountain forests can survive better without that.

(Don't forget the reasons behind your decisions!)

~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~


If you were to die in a public place, exacty what spot would you choose?


(Don't forget the reasons behind your decisions!)

I'm Assuming


I'm assuming that a Hospital isn't considered a public place in this specific scenario. Though really, where could be considered as more public than a hospital? Everyone and anyone can walk through a hospital's doors and the place is open 24/7 year round. However, given the Alternate Worlds aspect of this exercise, I would choose one of those artsy museums, lets say in Europe somwhere. Why? well for one I've never been to any large museum in my life. Not that I haven't had opportunity, but when given the choice of looking at musty old things which were created by people long turned to dust and going to a fun park where life is one big laughing scream, well I think you get the picture. Secondly, I've never been able to do the tourist thing in Europe. I've traveled through the airways over France and Germany and I spent six weeks in England, but I was active duty military at the time and we were on a tight schedule. So, one trip to Blenheim (spelling may be off) Palace was my single touristy opportunity before being shipped back to the States.

Now, if I were to die in a Museum somewhere in Europe, that would mean I finally got the opportunity to see the old country through a somewhat relaxed and reduced pressured act of tourism. (I'm including the British Isles, and Scandinavia in the encompassing Europe reference. I know not accurate, but hey I'm American with a pour knowledge of geography.) I would see for the first time the treasures time capsuled for future generations to witness that the appreciation for art and beauty and the propensity toward wisdom existed since the dawn of mankind. And, if I should sit on a stone bench amongst grecian sculptures where fountains sing their splashing songs and feel the pressures of a failing heart, I think my only concern would be that I didn't fit with the decorum. Though, I don't think I would mind over much if my last vision was of Venus looking over me and the last sounds I hear are the fountains and a language that sounds like a melodic song but otherwise makes no sense to me.

~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~ *~


Take care and may your road lead to only good places.

Deb

Compassion and the effort to try and understand some thing that was not understood before is a step toward acceptance not only of others but most importantly of yourself.

Alternate Worlds Explored Archive b/j  (13+)
a fun journal for breaking through writers block
#324362 by DyrHearte writes


Gift from Jilley's Petey Combination of my image and tommync1's image

** Image ID #588573 Unavailable ** ~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~

© Copyright 2003 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/256932-914-For-Forest-and-Me-Im-Assuming