*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/269591-Merry-Christmas
Rated: ASR · Book · Animal · #787561
Anything parrot-related.
#269591 added December 16, 2003 at 8:34am
Restrictions: None
Merry Christmas
Last Friday, our family decided to decorate the Christmas tree. It was already standing in its designated spot in the living roomfilling the house with the wonderful aroma that only Douglas Furs can do. It started out to be a quiet ceremony with three of us present. No traditinal christmas music on the CD player, instead, the radio played on the new "Buzz" station. I let Laney and Bryan do the lights. I never help with them anymore. The kids have always gotten so muc pleasure out of it. Anyway, as soon as the ights were plugged in, Sweetie began saying, "Merry Christmas!" It was indistingishable at first, but the more he said it the more articulate he became. It seemed odd to us that Sweetie would pick that moment to start saying Merry Christmas. It wasn't until half way through theh decorating that Bryan realized he could see the Christmas tree from his cage, even though his cage is in the den. Just to verify, I went through the kitchen and into the den and stood by his cage where he was, hanging upside down from one of his toys. Sure enough, the tree was not in plain sight but clearly visable from his vantage point.

Last year, I had taught him to say Merry Christmas.

© Copyright 2003 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/269591-Merry-Christmas