*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/269992-NOTICE-Email-Server-Upgrade-Status
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#269992 added December 19, 2003 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
[NOTICE] Email Server Upgrade Status
Greetings Members!

I wanted to provide you all with a quick update on the status of our email server upgrade. Please note that at this time, the email upgrade is *still* underway. I had to make a few changes along the way to provide better performance for our 40,000+ members which slowed things down quite a bit. The major pieces of the move have been completed; there are just a few small bugs to fix and loose ends to tie up.

All email accounts are correctly setup and receiving new email. We are still transfering old email data from the old server to the new one and expect to continue doing that for another day or so. Since we're transfering old email data based on last login times, most members who are on the site are able to access all of their email. If a member logins in and their email hasn't been transferred yet, they are bumped to the top of the to-be-transferred list. (Please see below for more if you're not able to access old email, but can access your email account.)


We are presently having a problem with the "new email count" checker that is listed on each page members load. We've updated this area to say "N/A..." to reflect the server's current inability to check for new email automatically. You'll need to check your mailbox directly to check for new email; we are working to correct this. We are also away that sometimes when members access their email, they receive a temporary email error. We are working to correct this as well.


(The "see below" from above:) There was a small anomoly with transfering the INBOX email of some members with a lot of email in their INBOX. That email is not lost, I just have to write another automated process to finish putting it into place for those people to access and see it correctly. This is being worked on and I hope to have that all corrected by the end of today (Friday).


Also, for obvious reasons, we chose to hold off on sending this passed Wednesday's Newsletters. Since everything is now getting back to normal, we will send them all out either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon... So STAY TUNED! *Smile*


Thanks again for your patience throughout this process, we appreciate it! Once another status update is available, we'll post it here! *Smile*
~~SM




The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Visit WdC 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  visiting the site every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition!
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support

© Copyright 2003 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/269992-NOTICE-Email-Server-Upgrade-Status