*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/283713-Follow-the-Money-to-God---
by Archie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #758164
This is a catch all area for thoughts and things.
#283713 added March 27, 2004 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
Follow the Money to God . . .
Religion is big business. Not just the hundreds of millions The Passion of the Christ will make, or the billions Shysters for Christ will wrangle from the gullible followers, but the side-show sales that abound. Can you believe they are selling replica nails for $15 a piece? Heck, you could go down to your local hardware store and get a nail, or even a spike for a fraction of the cost. To finish off the effect, you could buy a rawhide shoestring to attach the nail or spike to so that you could hang it around your neck.

Then we have the religious book authors, who I don't begrudge, who will make more millions by confusing the faithful. In the typical Christian bookstore, one must be careful to buy books that agree with one's particular brand of Christianity. Heaven help it if you pick up a book from another denomination, or even from an off-the-wall author who is vehemently against something that other Christians may accept (dancing, for instance). Such mis-purchases could cause one to think, or to go into a coma from a cereberal short-circuit.

Religion is becoming more and more popular these days. It is fashionable, more so than in the recent past, to pronounce your spiritual beliefs, particularly if they are the same as a majority of the people around you.

What I am waiting for is a time when people realize the difference between Religion and Spirituality. That will be a time when people will realize no props are needed to grow spiritually; you don't have to read about it; you don't have to see a movie about it, and you certainly don't have to find out from someone else what your next step on the road to spiritual growth is. That will be a time of true enlightenment. Until then, "follow the money" to spiritual depravity.


Archie R. Whitehill
Mercenary Writer
Have Words Will Write

*Star*

© Copyright 2004 Archie (UN: archiew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Archie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/283713-Follow-the-Money-to-God---