*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/284229-Steps-to-a-Kiss
Rated: ASR · Book · Animal · #787561
Anything parrot-related.
#284229 added March 31, 2004 at 9:00am
Restrictions: None
Steps to a Kiss
Most African Greys like to bond with one family member. Maya, absolutely adores my husband. She will be four years old in June of 04 and during these past years, the rest of the family, including Autumn's boyfriend have made affectionate efforts to win her love. Because of this, she really does love the rest of us. We each have these little games we play with her and she gets excited when she sees us. However, for me at least, she is a bit jealous, since she and I share the same 'mate'. *Smile*. Every night, before bedtime, my husband brings her back to our bedroom to spend a few minutes with her. During this time, I talk and coo to her, trying to get her to come over to my side of the bed and visit me.

Last night, Bryan had to leave her on the bed and walk away for a moment. I asked her "Can I have a kiss?" She looked at me happily but did n't move. I repeated my request and she reached her neck in my direction. Still too far away to touch her, I reached my neck but wouldn't move my body. Again I asked, 'Can I have a kiss?" this time, adding the kissey noise for good measure. I could tell by the way she kept her eye on me she was thinking about it. I kept saying it, smiling and making my voice all excited. She took one step in my direction and then looked back at my husband who reassured her she was being a 'good girl’ Then she took another step and stopped.

Finally, she came over to me and reached her beak to my face and made the kissey noised herself!

© Copyright 2004 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/284229-Steps-to-a-Kiss