*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/284700-No-Progess-for-Blacks
by Archie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #758164
This is a catch all area for thoughts and things.
#284700 added April 3, 2004 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
No Progess for Blacks?
Why "The Black Community" is Not Making Progress:

For Blacks who claim they are still down-trodden in our society, in order for their plight to improve, "Saviours of the Black Community" would have to work, and to get their constituency to work to change the negative images. Those in the Black Leadership position would have to start valuing education, dependability, and their constituents would have to exhibit a willingness to be employed, and a willingness to be responsible for themselves.

Those things are possible, but many in that "Black Minority" have a long way to go. The problem with the "Black Community" today is that they have so few leaders, and many of the self-proclaimed leaders are too self-serving, such as Jesse Jackson (a worthless and racist egotist) and Al Sharpton (a political huckster), and many others in and out of Congress.

To make it in this country, one must take an individual responsibility to bring himself, and those with whom he chooses to travel on the road to success, into a realm of reality and of focus, focus on what is really needed to go into a successful future rather than a focus on what was and what cannot be changed.


Archie R. Whitehill
Mercenary Writer
Have Words Will Write

*Star*

© Copyright 2004 Archie (UN: archiew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Archie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/284700-No-Progess-for-Blacks