*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/286279-Sisters
by Kira
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #839618
AU fic,Buffy was turned, a new Slayer has arrived and Spike and Angelus are back
#286279 added March 12, 2005 at 12:00pm
Restrictions: None
Sisters
Morgan had followed and slain the escaped vampire and was resting on the roof of a mausoleum. The slayer lay down, staring up at the sky, taking deep breaths and concentrating on her own breathing. The stars were stunning that night, one shooting across the sky that made her smile. She could lie there forever. Just watching and listening. The wind whispered to her through the trees and the moon seemed to hover over her, looking out for her. For she was the slayer. A daughter of Mother Nature, blessed with gifts no other human in the world possessed. And so, the world looked after her. The world watched over every slayer, but this one, this one was different. A great essence of responsibility lay on her shoulders and it was not something she had control over.

Love is something nobody has control over, and her love would save the world. All the love she carried and dispersed into all who met her was enough to carry alone. But she would have someone to share this with. The Slayer just didn't know that yet.

As she lay there, hands by her sides, palms facing the sky, Morgan closed her eyes as a perfect breeze of wind passed over her body. It was relaxing and unnerving at the same time, for it told her something was coming. Something big and something powerful, something that she would need Mother Nature’s help with. The elements were on her side for they believed in her, and everything that Creation had given to the Earth would aide her, the one slayer who had a different destiny, a destiny to-

“Morgan, isn’t it?”

The slayer sat up and looked at the woman speaking to her. The beauty all had marvelled at still remained with her. All the spirit that was legend for the slayers to come still cadenced from her very being. She walked to the sitting slayer and sat beside her.

“How is he?” she asked and looked to the ground.

“He misses you, but you know Giles, he won’t ever let you see that he's hurting.” Morgan calmed. This was not a time for battle. This was a time for them, for they were slayers. The vampire nodded, bringing her arms over her knees and resting her chin on them.

“Does he forgive me?” she asked quietly, eyes firmly set on keeping away from Morgan’s.

“He knows it was never your fault.”

“But it was…” Tears formulated in her eyes. “I could have stopped it, and I didn’t.”

“Buffy-”

“I’m sorry. I don’t even know why I came to find you…I just feel so wrong. There’s something in here that won’t let go of my past, won’t let me release my humanity and every time I feed I feel it there, shrieking inside my brain because I still know its wrong.” Her voice was rocky and it cracked up and down with her emotion. Morgan smiled comfortingly and sat closer to her, bringing Buffy’s head to her shoulder.

“You’ll free yourself, Buffy. You’re a legend to me, you’re like my hero. I’ve tried to plaster myself on the slayer mould Giles keeps of you in his mind , but I can’t do it. You don’t realise how much you did for the world, how great, how noble you were.”

“Yeah, and look at me now. I’m a vampire, the opposite of what I should have been fighting. And it sucks.” Buffy swallowed. “I don’t let Angelus or Spike know it, they don’t know that I loathe every minute I show my true face.” She let it out, starting to sob.

“Shh.” The slayer soothed, stroking Buffy’s flaxen hair and leaning her head against hers.

And they sat there.

Just together.

The slayer and the ex-slayer.

Buffy could not feel hungry towards her for she felt like they were sisters. They were once the same.

It was the same for Morgan. She could sense the slayer in Buffy. It made her stand out from the other vampires because she had that extra power that the others did not, she had that extra bite.

Those silent moments leaked into hours, just enjoying the feel of the other’s body against her own. They were sisters. Sisters that shared something that every generation of their family would encounter.

The gift of the slayer.

It was almost dawn when Buffy left her, still watching the sky, looking out onto the town she protected. Looking out onto the world she would die for.


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2005 Kira (UN: hateislove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kira has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/286279-Sisters