*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/287589-From-the-Outside
Rated: ASR · Book · Animal · #787561
Anything parrot-related.
#287589 added April 24, 2004 at 6:57am
Restrictions: None
From the Outside
Noah was the best ever last night. I was feeling very depressed. I thought I'd spent time w/ the birds since today would be busy. I took one bird at a time outside onto the porch. Visiting the porch and getting out of their cage is a double treat. The porch isn't a regular guaranteed visit like the back of the house is.

Anyway, I knew Noah wouldn't let me get him. Struck with an inspiration, I decided to talk to him from the outside of the French doors where his cage is located. I would bang on the glass and speak in a really high voice. He likes women so I tried to be extra girly. He stuck his leg through the bars to do his 'turkey leg trick. I kept it up, even though I was getting tired. After about 15 minutes, I came through the door and stood next to his cage. I talked to Sydney, whose cage is next to is and occasionally would say something to him. That did it. He HAD to have my attention and began swinging upside down and sticking his leg through the bars.

For some reason, I grabbed is foot and shook it while saying. "Shake my hand” Amazingly, he let me do this...repeatedly. He was so precious and I was so proud of him.

© Copyright 2004 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/287589-From-the-Outside