*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291856-Sparrows--Down--the--Chimney
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #851868
Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and little old Lizzie are back
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#291856 added May 24, 2004 at 2:28pm
Restrictions: None
Sparrows Down the Chimney

Will and Elizabeth Turner,

We are riten two tel yuo that we have Captin Jack Sparrow of the Black Pearl. We are goin two kill him if yuo do not meet are demarnds.

Firstlee we was wantin a new ship filled with sords and cannons alreadee. Food and lots of rum aswell. We was also wantin a large amount of monee. About twentee thousand inglish pounds. Lastly we was wantin this all by the end of the moon. That is in one week. Have the stuff in the neckst harbor at the first oppitune moment.

Signed - Anonimouse




The letter had come early that morning. Even before Will had left the house for work. Elizabeth was still holding it when Will returned with the tea. His face pale at the shock of what they had just read.

"I can't believe it Will," Elizabeth said, looking up into the worried chocolate eyes, "Jack wouldn't be caught. I hate to say but he was a little to devious to just be captured by people like this." She held up the letter in one shaking hand.

"Jack wasn't that good. Most of his tricks were simply playing with you mind," Will sighed, "But you are right. I don't think he's quiet this stupid."

"But this letter!" Elizabeth wailed, "It says they'll kill the stupid arse!"

Will had nothing to say to that. It was clear to him that no matter what they did it would not be fast enough. he could hardly buy a ship or fill it with all the things these pirates had demanded as well as pay the money. Actually, he could not have paid the money in the first place. As a blacksmith he just did not earn that sort of money. Sinking into the warmth of his new red chair he handed over Elizabeth's tea. She set it on the table, her hand trembling so violently she could never have held it.

"We can't let him die, Will," She said sadly, "But even I know we can't afford all that."

He nodded. Staring into the depths of his mug, "And I thought I saw the guy yesterday... You know, saw the Black Pearl..." he muttered.

"Life was so nice with out pirates..." Elizabeth said quietly. There was a long pause. Neither knew what do to or say.

"We can't pay," Will spoke softly.

"What!!!" Elizabeth rose to her feet angrily, "We can't just let them kill him!!!" She paced the room, her fist clenching and screwing up the letter, "I know," she said suddenly more calm and seeming alittle proud of herself, "I'll ask father for the money and the Commodore for a ship. I mean they both love me, I'll just excersise my grip."

"NO!" Will was on his feet, "Elizabeth, I'm sorry but we can't do that. Do you really think that Norrington would help us when we want to save the one pirate that has ever evaded his clutches! And your father! No Lizzie I won't have us going and begging your father for money!"

"What is it with your bloody male ego!" She shouted straight back, "Jack is in danger and you don't even care do you!?"

Will looked at her. Hurt was in the eyes that she loved, his voice was very soft when he spoke next, "How can you say that. Of course I care about Jack, I owe him my life on many counts." He turned awya from her, "You know we can't afford any of this. I don't earn enough and why would you father of Norrington help a pirate like Jack? If you can tell me that I'll see what I can do."

Elizabeth felt guilty now, "I'm sorry, love..." But that was all she could say. He walked in a circle around the room.

"So am I but we can't save Jack."

So they sat down again in an agonising silence this time, one that made both think more and more about the rugged pirate that had always been in their minds over the last year but who they had always presumed safe from harm.

Elizabeth through the scrunched up letter at the fire place but it missed. Rolling back towards William. He picked it up and smoothed it out. His sad eyes scanned over the paper then his brow furrowed in concentration, then in surprise and then fading into confusion.

"What?" Elizabeth asked, coming over as she saw the emotion change again, "What is it?"

''It's the writing - "

"God I know, the spelling is atrocious!" she laughed, with out humour.

"No, it's not that it just.... they put Captain Jack Sparrow not just Jack Sparrow or what I would have expected, a simple 'Sparrow'. They also say..."

"...At the first oppitune moment" Elizabeth felt everything click together in her brain as she finished Will's sentence.

"Isn't that what Jack always says?" Will said, "He was always saying that with me."

"So you think that there's been another muttiney? Another against Jack?" a small played across her lips....

He nodded, "What else could it be?"

At that moment a strange sound came from the fire place. It sounded like laughter then a bout of choking. With a small shout a black cloud of soot shot down the chimney, covering them all. Coughing and spluttering filed the room. A familiar voice came from the direction of the plume of soot, "Bloody chimneys!"

As the dust cleared and left a fine mess on the floor a completely blackened figure was left sitting on the cold coals. It was looking up at the couple, a mischevious glint in its almost golden eyes. "I escaped," it said. The figure was Jack Sparrow.

"Jack!" Will was shoked and at the same time relieved.

"You!" Elizabeth however was furious, "You early had us there didn't you Sparrow!" she shouted.

Jack stood up and grinned, "Well... That wasn't quite the oppitune moment to do that..."

Will smirked as Elizabeth moved forward and slapped him hard across the face.

"You deserved that Jack." He said when he saw the surprised look on the pirates face.

"I might have." Jack admitted as he turned back to face the still raging girl.

"I can't believe you would do this!" she yelled.

"Can't blame me for trying."

That earnt him another slap, on the other side this time.
But she did not stop there. Since marrying Will she was used to not being the respected woman she had been before but to her Jack was just being rude. She slapped him again and as she went in for another the pirate ducked and darted to the otherside of the room.

"Hey," he said, "Before you hit me again, I have some news that wouldd intrest you, especially, " He looked meaningfully at Will, "with young Will here."

Elizabeth let out a low growl, "This had better be good!" She stood back, relaxed but her husband could see the intense emotions in her eyes.

Jack moved in a circular motion, "Well, I was sailing, up by the England and the rigging was torn and half lost in a bitter British storm. The winds were ripping at us and cutting straight though our -"

"Jack..." Elizabeth muttered warningly.

"I'm the one telling this and I'll tell this as I wish." jack saw the anger gleam again, "Alright, I'll skip that out.
Well, we have to go ashore for repairs and I take a trip to the local, as you do." Jack paused, "There were a bunch of fisher men around in that pub. Most of the time talking utter nonsense but there was this one converstaion that might intrest ye."

"What?" Will asked, he wanted to know why Jack had risked his neck coming back here and this tale was obviously at tis centre.

"They were talking about a man, without any memory of his past that had never aged. Not for years and that he had ranted and raved in his sleep. Begging for and unknown party not to tip him off the edge. Not to throw him to the mercy of Davey Jones's Locker. Then he'd go silent. So I wanted to know who they were talking about, wondering if this was one of Barbossa's old gang. After a while they told me he'd come form the sea, with terrible bites and horrible illnesses. For some reason I had a feeling and I asked them what shoes he wore when he came from the ocean. Do you know what they said?"

Will and Elizabeth shok their heads, confused.

" They said Strappy Boots but the straps were all torn adn loose."

"What?" Will looked distant, confusion written over his face.

"The man they were talking about was Bootstrap Bill Turner. Your dad."
© Copyright 2004 Dr Matticakes Myra (UN: dragoon362 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Matticakes Myra has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291856-Sparrows--Down--the--Chimney