*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/298874-The-Call-of-the-Water
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #577667
things I have learned along the way
#298874 added July 17, 2004 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Call of the Water
Last week I flew back home for the weekend to see old friends... one in particular. I expected we would all have a good time but what I didn't expect was how peaceful and happy I would feel while there. I moved away from Michigan almost six years ago to leave the nightmare that had become my life. I swore I could never go back to a place where I had lived through so much hurt. Moving to Colorado brought me a sense of peace I don't think I ever really felt. Slowly I got my act together and credited the amazing surroundings of the mountains and the huge amounts of sun. When I was feeling down I could go drive in the sun up some winding mountain road and feel better by the day's end. Despite the power the beauty of the area has to calm I realized last weekend I miss the water even more than I have come to love the mountains. Standing on the shore of Lake Michign with the warm sand under my feet and the breeze blowing through my hair I could gaze out over water that stretched farther than my eyes could see. As I breathed in the smells of the lake and listened to the sound of the water lapping on the rocks I realized how restless I had become lately and how calm I was feeling in that moment. Could it be I only needed time away to gain perspective and then be drawn back to the element I love most? Of course being near friends helped. Especially the one who knows my heart and soul best. Despite our lives going in different directions our feelings have never faded and our love and support to each other remains as strong as ever. Had I been able to reach this point in my life sooner I could have had what I've always wanted a long time ago.

© Copyright 2004 red lady (UN: cayennepep at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
red lady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/298874-The-Call-of-the-Water