*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/299427-Prologue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #870420
Action and Romance on the High Seas!Please R&R!Should I end like it is or continue on?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#299427 added July 29, 2005 at 9:49am
Restrictions: None
Prologue
High Seas..1800's


The twilight shone across the planks of the deck. The helm of the ship chopped through the icy waters as the chilled winds blew them along. The night was quiet except for the creaks of the ship and the waves of the sea hitting the sides. Mist sprayed up over the sides of the ship to glisten the deck. Men walked around constantly checking to make sure everything was in place. The silent man in the lookout peered out into the night, squinting his eyes to see through the bleak darkness. He tasted salt on his lips when the breeze blew across his face.

Suddenly, his eyes grew wide as he stared to the north. The clouds parted enough to allow moonlight to shine through. Another boat was heard crashing through the waves coming fast up the side. The man started to shout to the deck, but stopped. What little blood the cold had not drained had now decided to leave in fear. His pale skin watched as the ship emerged into the light. A black flag waved on the ship’s mast and the skull and crossbones threatened certain death.
© Copyright 2005 lenabug (UN: lenabug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lenabug has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/299427-Prologue