*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/300603-The-sound-of-a-fanmmmmmm
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#300603 added August 2, 2004 at 12:25am
Restrictions: None
The sound of a fan...mmmmmm
I am sitting here and have a old fan on to help circulate our air conditioning. It has been working overtime here in the south. Well the hum of the fan just brought back a flood of memories. My favorite are those when our family used to go to family reunions up at Lake Martin. All the younger folks (my parents age) would go a day earlier and party into the night. Not serious partying-- just hanging out in lawn chairs by the pier and sending all us "young'uns" to bed. Well this being a lake house-- they didn't have air conditioners. They had fans and loud ones at that. My brother and I would sleep in the same room as our parents. I remember loving the sound of the loud fans because it was like happy times of being with family. THe next day all the younger generation would be hung over and drinking tomato juice. The older folks ( being their parents--- our grandparents) would come with the covered dishes. THe kids would eat and swim all day. ALL that memory from just a fan!!
© Copyright 2004 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/300603-The-sound-of-a-fanmmmmmm