*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/302897-NOTICE-Email-Service-Outtage
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#302897 added August 20, 2004 at 2:40am
Restrictions: None
[NOTICE] Email Service Outtage
Greetings Members,

Due to an error, email service (for messages sent from the Writing.Com site) was down from approximately 9:30PM until 1:51AM (EDT). As of this posting, the error has been corrected and email service is back in full working order.

Email sent from the Writing.Com webserver during the outtage was not correctly sent to its destination. This includes anything sent through our email client or sent by one of the automated systems within the site, such as the review system, Gift Point system and other auto-notification functions.

Here are a few things you can check to make sure as little was missed as possible during the outtage:

*Bullet* Please visit your "Sent-Mail" email folder and resend any messages you may have sent during this time period.

*Bullet* Please visit your "My Feedback" area to view you Received Reviews. Our appologies, but you will have to reply to these reviews through standard email instead of using the review form.

*Bullet* Please visit your "My Gift Points" page and view your Received Gift Points Log to see if any Gift Points were sent to you during the email outtage.

*Bullet* Visit your "My Invites" area to see if you are now up in any campfires. (If you're involved in any Campfire Creatives, checking this page from time to time is good thing anyway... Find it under you "Member Tools" pull down menu.)


*Star* We have already refunded the fees to the senders of any cNotes sent during the outtage.

*Star* Because it is handled differently, email sent from outside of Writing.Com to your Writing.Com address was correctly received and was unaffected by the outtage. In other words, if someone sent you an email from HotMail.Com or Yahoo.Com, you would have received it.


All actions within the site, outside of email, worked correctly during the email outtage. All transactions where notification is sent via email were completed correctly, but the email notifications did not get sent through.


Writing.Com strives to provide 100% functionality of its services 100% of time. On occassion, things don't go our way... We sincerely appologize for the malfunction and any inconvenience it has caused!

Thanks for your time,
~~SM


The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Appreciation
[Click For More Info]

I appreciate the support you have given me.  Please keep up the good work.
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support

© Copyright 2004 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/302897-NOTICE-Email-Service-Outtage