*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312155
Rated: E · Book · History · #903124
A fictional journal of Marie Antoinette's life.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#312155 added February 5, 2018 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Coming Out Of Childhood
I am now thirteen years of age. I am one of 16 children. My parents are the King and Queen of Austria. I have led a royal life, no doubt. We have three nannies employed at all times and we see our parents three times a week if we are lucky. I have my brothers and sisters to keep me company. We ride horses, go to the pond for picnics and play games. I have three poodles and two angora cats. I have my own room and they stay with me. I have dolls and everything a Princess could want. I would love to see my parents more often. They treat us like members of the Court and we have to bow and kiss their rings when they enter the room. I feel like a stranger or servant. All my siblings and I want, is their love. They don't show us love. They aren't affectionate with us. They remind us that we are royalty and we have an obligation to Austria. We have to make a good impression. I wish I was a child of a loving peasant family. I have my dogs and cats and my siblings so I pretend I am the happy perfect Princess. If I didn't, I would go insane.

I was called into my mother's chambers today. She told me that I am expected to be married soon. She and father will choose the groom. I don't want to be married. I want to fall in love in a few years. I want to know all about love. My mother told me love isn't an option. I will marry, as will my sisters and my two sisters who have married.My brothers will marry, too. We have to carry on the family legacy. Mother told me I will meet my future Prince in a year but she won't tell me who he is. He is from another country. I am scared to death. I keep hoping something will happen so I won't have to meet this Prince. I will just hope this Prince is handsome and we fall madly in love. Something my parents don't share. I pray love will happen for me.
Beautiful painting of Marie Antionette in purple dress by best friend Angel.
** Image ID #1782265 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312155