*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312171
Rated: E · Book · History · #903124
A fictional journal of Marie Antoinette's life.
#312171 added September 28, 2017 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
I Want To Marry The Count!
I have met the man I want to marry. Count Garrett Brousssard. He is such a handsome man and he has the bluest eyes that bring out his blonde hair. He is seven years older then me. He has been to the Palace for the past three Balls. We have had tea together a few times and he is fascinating. He has traveled to England, Ireland, Norway, Greenland and hopes to visit America someday. The Count doesn't treat me like a child. We have tea together and we have danced several dances at the Balls. I haven't talked to my parents, yet. Surely, they will let me marry the Count. He hasn't asked me, yet but I am sure that he is interested. I will have to be patient. I am supposed to meet the Prince in a few months that my parents have chosen. The trip will be off if I get engaged to Garrett. I call him Garrett. I don't even call him the Count to his face. He has held my hand and kissed my cheek once. I don't know much about love but this has to be the start of love. I need to talk to my parents before I am forced to marry the Prince.

Two weeks later. What a heartbreak! I talked to my parents about marrying the Count. They forbid it! He's a Count and I have to marry a Prince! They told me the Count is engaged to the Baroness Letica Mandrake. My parents laughed in my face. Why didn't Garrett tell me? He hasn't been at the Palace since last week. Mother told me Garrett, my Count, thinks of me as a child. If I am a child then why I am supposed to marry the Prince? I found out my Prince is from France! France! I want to marry someone from Austria. My dreams have went up in smoke! I will be miserable the rest of my life. Only my dogs and cats can comfort me. I spend most of my time in my room.

A week later. We had another Ball. I didn't want to go but I did. The Count showed up all decorated in his uniform. He held my hand and kissed it. He introduced me to his Baroness Letica. I smiled and saved face. I felt like my heart was going to burst. The Baroness is beautiful and Garrett danced all the dances with her. They are to be married next week. My parents, the King and Queen will be attending the Wedding. I won't be going. I will be nursing my broken heart. My parents are probably laughing behind my back. I suppose the Count is, too. I will have to forget him and go on with my life. Why is life so cruel?

** Image ID #1782265 Unavailable **
Enchanting Princess dressed in purple  by best friend Angel.
© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312171