*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312792
Rated: E · Book · History · #903124
A fictional journal of Marie Antoinette's life.
#312792 added June 4, 2011 at 3:01pm
Restrictions: None
I Am Not A Bad Queen!
Ten years have passed. Louis and I have a daughter Theresa and a son young Louis. This family names all the boys Louis. Madame duBarry is still here. The King has died. I want to kick her out but Louis won't let me. She has no reason to be here now. The Grand Dame stays out of my way and spends most of her time in her chambers. She has her share of lovers. The peasants haven't accepted Louis and I as the King and Queen. I have tried to be nice to them but it doesn't matter.

It didn't help matters when I went on a trip back to Austria to see Anna, my sister and my parents and Madame Lamote tok my place when I was gone. She dressed up in my wig and clothes and pretended to me. Madame duBarry put her up to that. A diamond necklace was purchased in my name. Madame Lamote fooled an ambassador and others that she was me. Louis and I were expected to pay for the necklace. We didn't. I had Madame Lamote thrown in the dungeon. I pushed Madame duBarry into a pile of horse crap. It suits her well. The peasants are mad at me. They hang around the Palace and throw tomatoes at us when they see us. I don't know what action to take. France has money problems and Louis and I are getting blamed for that. I try to convince the children things are fine but they don't believe me. I fear for our safety. Louis is such a wimp of a King. I have to make all the decisions. He is always sick or something. If I could have only married my Count Garrett but I have to forget about him and try to make sense of this mess. Rumors of a war in France have been going around. I am talking to the Cardinals and ambassador and generals trying to solve France's problems. My parents are no help. I hope to find answers soon.

It has been rumored that I said to tell the peasants to let them eat cake. I didn't. I came out on the terrace and told the peasants I would have food delievered to them but they were so rude to me. I love France and I am not a bad Queen! Louis never talks to the peasants. Everything is up to me. France is going to war and there is nothing I can do about this. Life just goes from bad to worse here.

Beautiful painting of Marie Antionette in purple dress by best friend Angel.
** Image ID #1782265 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2011 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312792