*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314888
by Maeven
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #901086
journal (noun) : an outlet for the voices in my head . . .
#314888 added November 19, 2004 at 6:26pm
Restrictions: None
Um, Is That Your Flower?
11-15-04

I staggered sleepily into school and veered right toward my locker today only to find a single long stemmed yellow carnation looped inside my lock to my locker. But of course, being such a suave, eloquent gal, my immediate response was to blink blankly and say to the girl who has her locker above me, "Um, is that your flower?"

She said no.

I woke up a bit and scrutinized the yellow flower for a moment, wondering who the heck left the poor thing and why the hell did it have to be my locker??

I finally decided to pull it out of my lock and open my locker. Maybe it was one of my friends who decided to play a prank on me . . .

There was no note.

I stared at the abandoned plant and darted my eyes around me to see if any suspicious looking person might be lurking about. Everyone seemed to be casually chatting away.

The bell rung and I decided to toss the flower into my locker and figure out the mystery later 'cuz I had a class on the tenth floor to catch.

By lunchtime, I was dying of curiousity and absurdly frustrated with wondering just who the hell left the flower without a note. That's just not polite.

I finally decided that perhaps it wasn't meant for me - a boyfriend probably messed up and placed the flower at the wrong locker. Guilt wracked me and I wondered what I should do. Should I leave it in front of my locker again? Should I ask the girls around me - "Hey, you there! You missing a flower you never got?" Should I just throw it away or should I take it home and give it a proper vase of water?

Oh wells. I decided to just leave it in my locker for now and hope for the best . . . *Smile*

~ Maeven

© Copyright 2004 Maeven (UN: maeven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maeven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314888