*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/320123-Thinking-about-the-past
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#320123 added December 30, 2004 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
Thinking about the past
I am indeed a lucky or rather blessed person. You see I have had a beautiful life and I know I will continue to do so. I read about such horrible childhoods and talk to people with a lot of problems.
In fact today I have been rather reflective. It is the little memories that I love to remember. And the joys of today I love to treasure.
Today I went home. I mean to my home where my parents live and I grew up at. I love the country and my boys and I love to go out there and I love to show them all the farm and my stomping grounds. I shudder to think one day it may not be in the family. I pray I am old and dead before that ever happens. As this is the one piece of earth that is mine. It is my identity. It is strange but true. I look at the fields and the trees and the dirt and I think of when I last walked in those woods or over in that pasture. Or when I climbed that tree last. I miss those carefree days. I am trying to relive them some with my boys. In fact they went camping for a couple of days with my hubby but it is just too cold for me to camp in the winter. MY aches can not bear it and I remember I am getting old.
I thought today of how I used to play a lot out of doors. We played in barns, in mud holes, in gardens,, oh such the life.
My parents blessed me and still do to this day. I am sadden as I see them age now. Both have fought fatal illnesses... hopefully to overcome the latest. My mom has heart failure. But yet I do not see them as old. They are young and vibrant in my mind's eye. I hate when my mother tells me she is getting old.
My days sometimes find me sad but then I must think glad. For happy should be my days as I have been blessed and I will continue to live happy moments. When my hormones want to take over and depression lifts its ugly head --- I will snare back>> I work with too many grumpy people and I will not be one of them. I stay happy. I work at it but I stay happy mostly because my life is good and that is how it should be so. Why be grumpy when I am blessed so....
© Copyright 2004 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/320123-Thinking-about-the-past