*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326250-Chapter-Twenty
by seetah
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #935207
Caught stealing a wizards money pouch, Theo must work off her debt.
#326250 added February 4, 2005 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty

“Excuse me!” I jump a foot, the head wizard’s voice was loud enough that the by the time it was done echoing in the room it was deadly quiet.

“First lets get why we called you out of the way, we want tot know about your apprentice.” His voice still carries but doesn’t seem as loud.

“My apprentice?” Alfred sounds confused, like he doesn’t remember I’m right behind him.

“Yes, the apprentice behind you.” Exactly what I was thinking but the head wizard continued. “We found out that you had taken an apprentice but you’ve never notified us.”

“Oh that,” Alfred laughs. “My apprentice is still being tested for magical ability, I was going to notify you once I knew the extent of the ability. I really doubt that it will go beyond the beginning stages.”

You lying snake. I wanted to scream at him. I’ll show you. Still being tested, yah right! I passed your test with flying colors. Of course no one here is going to believe me over a fellow wizard. I better hold my tongue and act like he told me but when we get home; I’m out of here!

“You should have notified us before you began the testing. The head wizard wags his finger at Alfred.

Alfred shrugs his shoulders. “I know, but I was so caught up in my new spell I forgot everything else and Hulda needed someone to help around the house and we thought someone with a little bit of magical ability might be safer cleaning the house then someone with no magical ability at all.”

The wizard in orange spoke up. “Very understandable, especially once it went wrong. Now you are asking us to spend time and figure out what went wrong. What type of a spell is it?”

“A very important one.” Was all Alfred would say.

“Any new spell is important. Give us some time to determine what your tasks will be. Harlow will show you to your rooms.” The head wizard takes off his robe, hands it to a servant and floats back up to his couch.
© Copyright 2005 seetah (UN: seetah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
seetah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326250-Chapter-Twenty