*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326257-Chapter-Twenty-Seven
by seetah
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #935207
Caught stealing a wizards money pouch, Theo must work off her debt.
#326257 added February 3, 2005 at 5:02pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Seven

The cave is huge with light globs hanging in a row around the top of the cave. Every few feet there is a door set into the rock. I can only assume that this is for the servants taking care of the dragon because I have no one to ask. The monk that brought me here left right away. Then I notice the dragon, he is huge! He takes up the whole room. His scales catch the light from the light globs and reflect it back. They appear to be different shades of purple. His wings are folded up on his back; they are a dark turquoise color at the base and shift into the pink of a sunset with a little yellow at the very tips. The wings don’t look strong enough to hold hip up when he flies. I finally notice Alfred sitting by the head of the dragon and he his yelling. I don’t think that is the wisest thing to do but I strain to hear what he is saying.

“You big lummox, you did too eat the wrong farm animals,” yells Alfred.

“Wizard, you are completely out of your mind.” Where I thought the dragon’s voice would boom and echo through out the cave is what a very soft and soothing voice.

Alfred throws up his hand. “Then how do you explain the farm animals being eaten and you not protecting the farmers from raiders?”

The dragon stomps his foot and the whole cave shakes. “There has been no attack on the farmers and I have only eaten what they have left for me.”
The dragon sounds nothing like I had pictured him. Where I thought he would be a big, scary, loud, mean animal instead he sounds like a small child throwing a temper tantrum. I picture in my mind a tiny lizard sticking out its tongue at Alfred, just like a child would stick out their tongue at an elder. To my amazement, the dragon shrinks down to the size of a small lizard. It lasts for only about 5 seconds before he’s back to normal size.

“What is going on?” Now the dragon sounds and looks like I pictured him. “Wizard, did you do this to me?” The dragon has his claws up ready to strike at Alfred.

“NO!” I yell to protect Alfred. “It was my fault.”

I stand up, I have no way of getting down to Alfred without leaving the room and coming back in and I don’t want to leave him alone. “I don’t know how I did this Great Dragon,” I bow my head. “I was thinking that you sounding like a naughty child and not a mighty dragon. I pictured it so clearly in my head that for a brief moment you changed.”

“You did this child?” The dragon moved around so that he was facing me directly. “There is no way that you could have gotten through my dragon magic.” His claws are clicking on the stone.

“I know it doesn’t seem possible, and I’m sorry for doing it but it has happened before when I see something clearly in my head.” I look straight into the dragon’s eyes.

The dragons’ tail is raised to sweep Alfred if necessary. “You give your word that you did not do this Wizard?”

Alfred glances at the tail poised to strike. “No Mighty Dragon I did not do this. Something else must be at work here, we need to check into this.”

“You are right Wizard, there is no way anyone let alone an apprentice has the power to get past dragon magic.” The dragon is now clicking two sets of claws on the cave floor.

“She is not my apprentice.” Alfred corrects the dragon.

The dragon swings his head from me to Alfred back to me and finally rests on Alfred. “Wizard, you are blind if you don’t see the power around this child. You are stupid if you think you can block anyone else from seeing the glow of apprenticeship.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Alfred scowls at me. “Now is not the time, we need to find out what is draining your magic Mighty Dragon.”

“I agree,” The dragon nods his head, and then he grabs his head and lets out a roar of pain as he falls to the ground with a big thud.
© Copyright 2005 seetah (UN: seetah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
seetah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326257-Chapter-Twenty-Seven