*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326516-Chapter-Six
by seetah
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #935639
Theo struggles to learn to control her magic and her temper.
#326516 added February 4, 2005 at 5:25pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Six
Chapter Six
“Get moving now!” I hear the voice and jump up and grab my bag.
“Come on, Charmaine get moving.” I yell.
“What?” Charmaine is looking around his eyes whirling.
I scoop him into my arms and run as fast as I can. I keep running even though my sides are burning. I shift Charmaine to the other arm and struggle to breathe. My vision narrows so I only see what is right in front of me. I don’t see the tree branch and ran smack into it. I fall flat on my face and Charmaine tumbles head over heels.
“What are you trying to do? Kill me?” Charmaine complains as he rights himself.
“No” I gasp for breath.
“Clumsy, you dropped me.” Complains Charmaine.
“I didn’t mean to,” I sit up.
“Why were we running anyway?” Charmaine asks.
“You told me to.”
“Did not!”
“Did too!”
“I did not!” huffs Charmaine as he hops a few more steps away.
“You did to, you said get moving now. I did what you told me to, so you tell me why we are running.” I rub my forehead where the branch hit me, should have a nice goose egg.
“You crazy person, I have no idea what you are talking about, you must have been reaming.” Charmaine eats some leaves on the ground.
I pick up my bag and walk away. “Coming?”
“Are you nuts? I am not traipsing through the woods with a crazy girl. I’m going back to sleep and later when my master contacts me I’m going back to my own bed.”
“Fine, if that’s the way you are going to be, I don’t need you.” I stomp off.
“Humph” I hear Charmaine grumble as he looks for a place to sleep.
“Miserable little bird, I don’t need him! Who does he think he is insulting me all the time? I am not crazy! I heard him tell m to run. He’s the crazy one, having his master let him fly. Who wants a master anyway? If I had a familiar I would want him to stay because he wanted to not because he had to, stupid bird.” I touch the lump forming on my forehead.
“He thinks I dropped him on purpose. How can you miss the knot on my forehead? Why did I pick him up anyway, I should have just left him. All he’s done is insult me from the day we met and I’m the crazy one.” I look around and realize I don’t have a clue were I am.
It has gotten dark but it is still early morning. I look up expecting to see storm clouds blocking out the sun instead I find that the trees have grown so tall that they block out the sun. It is so quiet with no birds calling to each other and no squirrels scolding; in fact, there is no sound at all.
I wrap my cloak tighter around me and sit on a stump making myself as small as possible. I wish I was invisible. Why did I leave the safety of Alfred maybe it wasn’t so bad or at least I should go back and apologize to Charmaine then I’d have some company? I get up and start walking back the way I came. Or I thought I was going the way I came but nothing was looking familiar.
“May be its this way.” I speak out loud to hear some noise. “Nope, nothing familiar this way.” Now I’m beyond scared. My heart is racing and my palms grow sweaty. I’m having trouble catching my breath. Tears stream down my face as a twirl around. “Which way to go?”
“Right.”
“Right? Who said that? Where are you?” I look around and don’t see anyone
“Charmaine is right, I am crazy.” I run not paying attention to the way I am going. Tree limbs smash my face and catch at my cloak. I keep running and running in the distance I see a patch of light and head towards it. At the edge of the light I trip over a root and hear a loud crack.
© Copyright 2005 seetah (UN: seetah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
seetah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326516-Chapter-Six