*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326519-Chapter-Nine
by seetah
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #935639
Theo struggles to learn to control her magic and her temper.
#326519 added February 4, 2005 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Nine
Chapter Nine
My aching arms. Why do my arms hurt so much? I stretch my arm and almost fall. I grab the tree as I end up swinging around the branch. I grunt as I pull myself up. I squint and look around, the dim light I filtering through the branches is still bright enough to hurt my eyes. I look over to the bright patch of sunshine but that is even starting to go dark.
I whimper as I move my head, a million hot needles jam into my head. I whimper as I unsteadily climb down to the next branch. I don’t want to spend another night in these dark scary woods all by myself. I begin to cry.
“I’m here.” Says the voice in my head.
“You’re a voice in my head which means that I’m crazy. Plus I keep talking to myself and answering. So unless me, myself, and I constitute as three people, I’m alone.” I answer.
“Not for long.”
“What do you mean,” my whole body aching nothing is making sense.
“Look around and you’ll see.”
“I don’t want to look around, my head hurts, my body aches.” I bite my tongue to keep from whining and look around. There is a huge mass coming across the clearing.
“You think this is funny?” I accuse the voice in my head. “The men are coming back and I have to get out of here and I can’t” In my panic to hide I slip and go tumbling down the tree. I yelp each time I hit a branch and have no way to stop my fall.
“Oomph!” I fall into something warm and hairy. “Momma am I glad to see you even if you are going to eat me. I am sorry about landing on you.”
Baby hands me a fistful of berries. Some are mashed in its hand but I don’t care, I gobble them up and wipe my mouth. “These are good, you have any more?” And just like Baby understood me, it holds out its other fist full of berries. “Berries have never tastes so good.”
Momma gently lifts me into her arms as if she knows how much I am hurting. Baby climbs onto her back and off we go. I close my eyes and snuggle in. I have no idea where we are going or what direction and I don’t care. I’m not alone in these dark woods anymore. “I’ll be a little tough if you decided to have me for dinner.” I mumble as Momma lays me down in what feel like a nest but as soon as Baby snuggles in, I drift to sleep.
© Copyright 2005 seetah (UN: seetah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
seetah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326519-Chapter-Nine