*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326524-Chapter-Fourteen
by seetah
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #935639
Theo struggles to learn to control her magic and her temper.
#326524 added February 4, 2005 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fourteen
“Why me?” I roll my eyes and look at the sky. “It seems important to you that I rescue them both.”
Keva shakes his head up and down as if agreeing. “So you can still understand me, but I can’t hear you?” Again he nods his head as if agreeing.
One of the men rolls over and begins to snore loudly. “What can I do to free that bag?” I stare at Keva wishing I could hear him one more time to see what I should do.
I crawl into the bush and close my eyes to think. All my tricks I’ve used before are not going to work. “Think, think, think. Keva sticks his head into the bush and rests it on my shoulder. “Just be careful you don’t draw attention to me.” I warn as I pet him.
I begin to review the little bit of magic that I do know. “I could make them dance, like the armor.” I suggest.
Keva shakes his head no. “How about telling them to go back to where they belong?” Again he shakes his head no.
“Could I make the hole at the top of the bag bigger and they could just crawl out?” Keva shakes his head no.
“Course, they are probably tired up. How stupid am I. Did I really think I could save them? An elf and a lynx, two creatures that live and breathe magic and still got caught by some men. And what little old me is going to swoop in and rescue them with my vast knowledge of magic. Like I’m going to have the bag grow legs and just walk away.”
Keva shakes his head again. “I know another stupid idea,” I stop talking and look at him again. This time he is banging is head on my shoulder as if to say yes.
“You really think it would work?” I question.
He shakes his head yes so hard I’m afraid it is going to fall off. “But will it spook the other horses?”
I can have the bag grow legs and then think I’m a bush, not very good to eat just ignore me, and have to walk my way.”
Keva nudges me so hard I push him away. “Okay, I get the idea, you think this is going to work. I need to do it right now.” I untie the rope that is holding the horses to the stakes and let them go.
I close my eyes and begin to chant. “As above, as below, as within, as without, I am one, I am all.” As soon as I finish the chant I imagine the bag growing hundreds of little legs just like a caterpillar. It takes couple of tries before I can get all the legs working at once and the bag to start moving.
Now that the bag is moving I start thinking I’m a bush, I’m not good to eat just ignore me. Over and over I keep picturing the bag moving and that it is a bush that isn’t good to eat.
One of the men rolls over and begins to talk. Everything freezes as I freeze up. “Don’t wake up, go back to sleep.” I whisper. He rolls over and stops talking.
I get the bag moving again and put the I’m a bush spell over it again. My head is pounding by the time the bag finally reaches the bush. I am so lightheaded I can hardly untie the knot. I fumble with it but finally get it to loosen a little. A pair of hands wiggles out of the bag and begins working on the knot. The world once again goes black.
© Copyright 2005 seetah (UN: seetah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
seetah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326524-Chapter-Fourteen