*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328067-Gothic
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest · #928100
writing marathan
#328067 added February 12, 2005 at 10:46pm
Restrictions: None
Gothic
Chrissie Anderson stepped out of the front doorway of her new house. Her mother, Kathryn yelled from upstairs, ‘Bring up the box marked MOM”S. It’s sitting next to the porch swing.”

Chrissie moaned, audibly. “HHHHHHH”

“I heard that!” Her mother yelled, even though she didn’t, she just knew.

After three hours of unpacking, she was tired of this moving in business. She was ready to go exploring in her new neighborhood.

“Mom. Can’t we take a break?” She asked while trudging up the stairs with the heavy cardboard box.

“Honey. Please. Let’s just get everything into the rooms.”

Rolling her eyes Chrissie complained. “Mom. We’ve been at this for house. I want to take a break. C’mon.”

Kathryn glanced at her wristwatch. “Well, okay, but only for an hour.”

Which really meant two. “Oh, thank God.” Chrissie dashed to her new room and pulled out her clothes from the dresser where she had just unpacked everything. Hot topic was her favorite store in the mall to shop. She was very disappointed to learn there wasn’t one around for a fifty-mile radius. “Mom.” She had said in a stern voice. “We are not living in a place where there is no Hot Topic.”

Kathryn tried to explain she didn’t have a choice in the matter, employment was the factor.

“Take a job in another city mom.” She had yelled. “Living without Hot Topic is like living without air.”

“Fine.” Chrissie had finally agreed. “But I’m getting all my clothes from the online store, even if they do charge you fifty dollars extra for shipping and handling.”

“Its not THT much.” Her mother retorted, but it didn’t matter. Thank God for the Internet.

What worried Chrissie most about the absence of a Hot Topic was the possibility of that there would be no other friends with the same likes. She was philosophical about the term Goth, which adults used to describe her, and liked to say ‘technically gothic people died out hundreds of years ago,’ She didn’t take her ‘Goth to the point of worshiping vampires and satanic and wiccan rituals, but she had known others that did.

Chrissie pulled out her humongous baggy guy pants – black of course, with large heavy chains attached to the front, sides and back of her pants. Her pants were covered in zippers. Vertical zippers, horizontal zippers, slanting zippers. For her shirt, she chose a black ripped up tee, showing off her newly pierced navel.

Carefully, she attached her spike choker and a few extra large silver chains that she used for necklaces. Next, she put on her black and white striped arm warmers, opting to wear her spiked wristband on another day. Quickly, she touched up her black fingernail polish and applied heavy black eyeliner and eye shadow, but not black lipstick cuz that ‘ just weird. Black lipstick not going well with first impressions.

To top it all off, she wore her long black hair in pigtails and fuci chi pink bows.

Worn out black and pink Chuck Taylor’s covered her feet.

Once dressed, she hugged her mother good bye and said, “I’ll see you in an hour. I’ve got my cell phone with me.”

“Are you sure you want to go dressed like that? I mean, cuz it’s a new neighborhood and all?”

“Oh mom, relax. They are going to have to get used to me sooner or later.”

“But honey. Really. I’m serious. Can’t you tone it down just a bit? Just for a few weeks? You know, give yourself a chance to meet some friends? Break ‘em in slowly? For me?”

“Mommm.” Chrissie rolled her eyes. “Please, I know what I’m doing.”

She dashed down the stairs and out the front door.
© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328067-Gothic