*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328077-GayLesbian
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest · #928100
writing marathan
#328077 added February 12, 2005 at 11:49pm
Restrictions: None
Gay/Lesbian
Drake knocked loudly on the front door of Patrick’s house. Five minutes past before David answered the door. “Drake.” David extended his hand and shook it firmly, then pulled him in for a quick manly hug. “How is he?” Drake asked.

“Not good.” I finally got him to eat something. He just went into his room. Go on up. He’s taking it harder than I expected.”

“They were really close ya know.”

“I’m learning.”

Drake bound up the stairs two at a time. “Pat. It’s me. Let me in.” His fingers turning the locked doorknob.

Patrick opened the door and stood there. Drake’s heart ached at the visible hurt in Patrick’s eyes

He hugged Patrick tight, who sobbed shamelessly on his shoulder.

They walked in the room, careful to shut the door behind them.

“It’s really going to be okay. I know you don’t want to hear that. And know you think it won’t. But it will.” They sat down on the edge of the bed. Drake pulled Patrick’s head into his chest and stroked his hair.

“He’s the only one who knew. Now I have no one to talk to.”

Drake continued to run his fingers through Patrick’s hair. Gently, he pressed his lips on Patrick’s forehead. “I never had anyone to talk to. I only have you. You are my only person. I mean, who knows.”

“How did it happen? Drake asked, then immediately regretted asking. Then added, “If you don’t want to talk about it, you don’t have to.”

He was in a car wreck. Hit by an eighteen-wheeler. His airbag didn’t open and he went through the windshield.” It was strange. Patrick told the events like they happened to someone else. But then, he began crying again.

Drake lifted his head with his hands and kissed his tears.

Patrick lay down on the bed, turning his back to Drake, who snuggled next to him, pulling him in close. “I love you. Ya know?”

“Yes. I know. I love you too. I’m sorry I’m all whacked right now. I’m so glad you are here.”

Patrick dozed. Drake was glad. He had never seen his lover so upset. He thought about how he’d feel if it were Patrick in the car wit his uncle. The mere thought made his heart ache. He could only imagine the reality Patrick was going through.

Drake and Patrick had been together for three years now. Since Patrick went away for school every year, Drake had gone the “I have girlfriends’ route to throw suspicion off the fact he might be gay. In truth, he enjoyed kissing girls, but that’s about as far as it went. Patrick on the other hand, did not like touching girls. Katie and Juliana were his best friends. They were his cover, he flirted with them, but never once did he touch them, or any girl. Girls were not boys. And Patrick liked boys. Patrick loved Drake.

Drake felt lucky to have Patrick. He was hurting because the love of his life was hurting.

Drake stayed for another hour before he slipped his arm away from Patrick’s warm sleeping body. Tiptoeing downstairs, he said goodbye to David. “I’ll be back later. He’s asleep. I see what you mean. He is a wreck. Call me if you need me. You have my cell. I’ll be at Katie’s.”

Drake really liked Katie. So much so, he almost felt guilty using her as cover. Especially during the summer, when Patrick was there. He had almost expected Patrick to put up a fight, taking one of his best friend’s out. But he didn’t say much. Just ‘don’t you hurt her.’

Usually girls used hem. He was a star athlete and he was a status symbol. He knew it. So he didn’t find too much wrong in using them back. But Katie was different. She was genuinely nice. She seemed to be falling for him more and more each day. He new he’d have to end it soon.

He pulled outhis cell phone and called Katie. “Did you hear about Patrick’s uncle?” She hadn’t, He headed towards her house. “He’s sleeping now. He’s not eating much and is a total emotional wreck.” He told Katie.

She was already making plans for her and Juliana to bake something and take it over to him. He’d sit at her kitchen table and watch the girls bake some chocolate something or other.

It was difficult to stay engaged in their chit chat. He told them how distraught Patrick was. The worried look on their faces made Drake feel better. That Patrick had such good friends.
© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328077-GayLesbian