*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/329315-Chapter-2
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #941001
3 Pumpkins learn that everything is going to be ok...
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#329315 added February 19, 2005 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
Chapter 2

As Farmer Smith walked among his blooming fields, whistling tunes and checking in upon his still-blooming pumpkin patches, he was blind to the wonder that happened down in the soil. Thus, when he walked by without ever looking down, a miracle occurred beneath his very eyes.

It was in that moment that mother earth produced new life!

On the ground, underneath the limbs of an old oak tree, a single pumpkin vine gave birth to three baby pumpkins. However, unlike the rest of the blooming pumpkin patches, these pumpkins were left with no protection from the mighty scarecrows that Farmer Jack left in each patch to care for his crops. Thus, when the first of the pumpkins to bloom, a dark green, ever-so- plump pumpkin named Michael opened his eyes, he was terrified to see that he was alone, with no protection other then the shade the oak offered, and none of his kind there to define his nature.

Suddenly, he began to cry.

Now, anyone that knows anything about newborn baby pumpkins, knows that they are just like children born into the real world. They need to be nurtured from birth to decomposition. And, although they can’t talk yet, they can show emotions for things such as fear, hunger, or unhappiness by crying out for mother earth for nurturing and the mighty scarecrows for protection.

It was then, as Michael was screaming at the tops of his pumpkin seeds, shifting his eyes all around his body in terror, searching for anything that might tell him who he was, he noticed two more pumpkin flowers giving birth and blooming into two very small, yet distinct pumpkins, much like himself.

Instantly, Michael stopped crying. He was intrigued by the fact that his newborn baby brother, Toby, and his sister, Sally, began to cry out in fear much like he had. With great effort, (considering that pumpkins can’t move), Michael asked mother earth to retract her vines so that he could comfort his terrified siblings. He then vibrated (much like a infant’s coo) to show mother earth he was satisfied with her positioning, and asked for some shade which he first gave to his brother and sister.
With everything ok, Michael vibrated again to let his brother and sister know everything was ok. In less than a moment the crying stopped and two pairs of eyes turned around to look at him in both fear and wonder.

In the rich soil, beneath the ever-shining sun, under the branches of a lonely oak, the three pumpkins were born…


© Copyright 2005 Silverhand (UN: areck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Silverhand has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/329315-Chapter-2