*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/331685
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #944791
A young Lord wins his bride Sapphire in a poker game. Can love happen between these two?
#331685 added November 22, 2015 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
The Wedding

Mona Deboard was making last minute arrangements for her daughter's Wedding. Mona's Wedding had been an arranged wedding but she had made the most of her marriage to Lester. He wasn't handsome but he was her friend as well as her husband. Sapphire had got her beautiful looks from her mother. Mona loved preparing for this Wedding. Sapphire hadn't done much in the way of preparing for the event. She was all nervous about marrying Lord Quentin. She had dreamed about him every night for the past week. Quentin had sent her a message stating that he would see her at the Wedding. Sapphire was really getting married. At least the groom was only five years older then her. Some women had husbands chosen for them old enough to be their grandfathers. She was lucky that wasn't the case with her.

Tomorrow was the Wedding. Bootsy, her Wedding dress designer had Sapphire try on her dress one more time. It was a beautiful white dress with a long train. Sapphire wanted her dress to be simple but Mona wouldn't hear of it. The dress was fancy. Sapphire was even afraid to move in it. It was decorated with seed pearls and she had a veil with a tiaria. This was a present from her husband to be. Lester's funds were low these days. Mona pretended otherwise but there was still money enough for the biggest and most beautiful Wedding of all.

Sapphire stared at herself in the mirror. "You look lovely, Darling." Mona kissed her daughter's cheek. Sapphire loved her parents and she would miss them. She hoped she and Quentin would fall in love.

The servants were busy making food. Things were busy and jumping at the DeBoard Estate. Sapphire was tired. She wanted a nice long sleep before her Wedding just like Sleeping Beauty. She hoped it would be night soon.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. The house was all ready for the big event. At supper, Lester chatted about his new son-in-law to be. Sapphire hoped that she would be as happy as her father was about her getting married. At last it was time for bed. Sapphire was so tired. She kept having dreams of Quentin. He rescued her from dragons in the dream. He was a Knight in shining armour They shared a passionate kiss. Sapphire woke up all warm and excited. She was marrying a Prince even though he was a Lord.

The next morning, Sapphire woke up and the maids served her breakfast. She had to take a tub bath. The maids filled the tub with hot water. It was going to be a long day.

Quentin calmly drank his brandy. Things were quiet at Evergreen. He was only drinking the one brandy. He wanted to be sober for his Wedding day. The clock chimed three times. In two hours, he would be married. Lucky him. His bride seemed nice enough. She was a well bought up lady. Married? Him. This would take some getting used to. Quentin had the carriage bought around. His driver opened the door for him and he got in. He was ready to get married. As ready as he was ever going to be.

Sapphire was all dressed in her Wedding dress. She was waiting in her room. Mona was talking away. "Sapphire, never get mad at your husband. He gets to have the last word. Always be a lady. Even if you have gas. You just control it. Always be respectful to his family. Try to love the man. He is so handsome so that shouldn't be a problem."
Sapphire just realized that her mother always did talk too much. She was getting a headache. Lester knocked on the door. It was time to walk down the aisle. Quentin had arrived a half hour ago.

The music played and Sapphire was escorted down the aisle by her father. She smiled at all the guests. She saw Quentin. He was more handsome today then when she had met him last week. Quentin thought Sapphire was a goddess when he saw how beautiful she was in her Wedding dress. Sapphire and her father made it to the end of the aisle. You wouldn't know it was an arranged marriage. Sapphire and Quentin looked like a couple in love. The minister began the service. "Dearly Beloved......" Quentin couldn't believe that this was happening. He didn't feel bitter. He wasn't in love with Sapphire but he knew she would do her best to be a good wife as he would to be a good husband. Sapphire said her vows and she was so sweet. Quentin patted her hand and smiled. It was Quentin's turn. He promised to be faithful. He was going to. He would never see his mistresses again. He could live with that. The minister said I know pronounce you man and wife. Quentin and Sapphire shared a passionate kiss. Quentin had never felt like this before and neither had Sapphire. Was this the beginning of a loving relationship? Sapphire hoped so. This kiss was to die for. He was her husband. As for Quentin, he had never had a kiss affect him this way before. Maybe Cupid's arrow had struck. Time would tell.
Word Count:880

** Image ID #2066028 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/331685