*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333368
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #944791
A young Lord wins his bride Sapphire in a poker game. Can love happen between these two?
#333368 added November 22, 2015 at 10:41am
Restrictions: None
The Ex-Mistress Again
Sapphire missed Lizzy after she had left. Quentin hired a seamtress to make Sapphire a dress for Lizzy's Season's Ball. Sapphire picked out a pretty blue one that matched her eyes. She would also be wearing the new items of jewelery that Quentin had bought her. The dress would be done in a couple of days. The dress had cost quite a lot but Quentin felt Sapphire was worth it. She was his gem and the woman that he loved.

Lizzy had a lot of dresses made for her. She just wanted this ball thing to be over. She was glad that Sapphire would be there for her. This made Lizzy smile.

It was the day of the night of the ball. Sapphire and Quentin were going to stay with her parents for a couple of days. Sapphire was going to miss Evergreen but it would only be for a couple of days. Evergreen was her home now. She couldn't imagine not living here. She loved this place.

When Quentin saw Sapphire in her dress, he just admired her. The dress was made out of silk. He had the silk imported from China. He hoped that she didn't outshine Lizzy too bad. The sapphire necklace and matching earrings gave the dress the perfect touch. He wanted to show off his wife. She was the most beautiful woman in the world. Sapphire caught Quentin looking at her. She smiled and asked: "What's wrong, Darling?"
"Not a thing, Dear. You are the most beautiful woman in the world and I love you dearly."
Sapphire ran into his arms. "I love you, too. You are the most handsome man and every woman is jealous of me."
Quentin was so happy. "We will be the most beautiful couple there. We can pretend to be the King and Queen. The guests will kiss our feet. Everyone will be jealous of us."
Sapphire laughed as Quentin passionately kissed her. Afterwards, he said to her: "Too bad we can't stay home and make passionate love."
Sapphire tapped him with her fan. "Behave yourself. We have to be there for Lizzy, our friends and mother is looking forward to seeing me."
"Yes, I know. I can't help wish that we were staying home enjoying each other."
Just then the butler Floyd told them that their carriage was outfront. Quentin took Sapphire's arm and said: "Shall we my Dear?"
Sapphire smiled. "Yes. Let's go help Lizzy celebrate her season and find the perfect husband." Quentin and Sapphire headed out the door towards the carriage.

Quentin and Sapphire were in the carriage headed towards Lizzy's house. It was a nice day. No sign of rain and there was no wind. They didn't talk much. They had a nice trip to Lizzy's house. The carriage stopped in front of Lizzy's house. The driver helped Sapphire out. Quentin came out and stood beside his beautiful wife.
Lizzy came flying out the door and yelling Sapphire's name. She hugged her and told her how beautiful that she looked. Lizzy had a pretty purple dress and she did look pretty. Her red curls were Lizzy's best feature. Quentin greeted Lizzy with a hug. The Baron Nelson Miles and wife Countess Catherine were there and Quentin introduced them and Sapphire. Mona came running from her house{they lived next door} and hugged her daughter and told her how beautful she looked. Mona was dressed in a beautiful green dress and she was beautiful as well. Sapphire hoped that she would look as good as her mother did when she got older. Mona was chatting away about the decorations and new dining room set that she and Lester had bought. Mona was a talker but a delightful person to all that knew her. She had a heart of gold and she had passed that on to Sapphire. Quentin was glad that Sapphire didn't talk that much.

They entered the Ball Room and there was plenty of food and flowers like there was at any ball. The place was beginning to fill up with guests. It was the ball of the year but all balls were. There were several young men there. They had all bought flowers and gifts for Lizzy. Lizzy was shaking hands with all the young men. Some kissed her on the cheek. Almost all of them were nice looking and the look on Lizzy's face showed that she was enjoying herself.

The guests started to eat and the band was playing. Lester finally arrived. He hugged his daughter and kissed her cheek. He was so happy to see her. He danced with his wife Mona. Ever since Mona had stood up to him, he wasn't so bossy. He had learned that he loved Mona more then he thought. Mona had always loved him and been a good wife. Sapphire was so happy that her parents love for each other showed.
Quentin lead Sapphire unto the dance floor and they danced. They, too looked so much in love. Belle noticed this, too and she had a look of hatered on her face. She was there with her date Langley, one of Quentin's good friends. Langley looked at Sapphire. If he would have had the lucky hand of cards, he would be Sapphire's husband instead. Belle was everyone's favorite lover and whore. Langley bought her to the ball. A low life woman trying to be a lady. That was a laugh!

After the dance, Quentin and Sapphire had some punch. Langley came up to Quentin with Belle on his arm. "Hey, there friend. I see you are with your wife."
Quentin frowned. "Why wouldn't I be? I see that you have a date. Belle, nice of you to take up with my friend. He's a rogue for sure."
Belle smiled. "Sapphire looks so sweet. She's all dressed in blue. How cute."
Quentin excused himself. He went back to Sapphire's side. She looked up and saw Belle.
"Were you talking to Belle?" she couldn't hide the sadness in her voice.
"Darling, I was talking to my friend Langley and sometimes I think that he is a fiend more then a friend. Belle is Langley's date and I'm embarrassed to think that she was a lover of mine. Langley is a rogue and she is more his type. I can't believe that he bought her here among the higher class of people. My life has changed for the better. I have you, Darling." He kissed her.
Sapphire was surprised. She whispered: "Quentin, we are in public."
"We are married and we are allowed to kiss. I am not ashamed to show my affection for my wife in public."
Quentin and Sapphire danced the next few dances. Lizzy danced with several men. She was enjoying her time.

After the sixth dance, Quentin went out to the terrace to talk to Lester. Quentin told Lester that he and Sapphire were in love. Lester was happy. He had always approved of Quentin. They talked about business and Mona was calling for Lester so he obeyed like a puppy dog. Quentin laughed as Lester answered her call.
Belle came out of the shadows and threw herself at Quentin. "Belle, if you will excuse me, I have to go."
Belle grabbed his face and kissed him. Just then Sapphire arrived.
Sapphire slapped Lizzy with her fan and then across the face. "Stay away from my husband. He politely asked that you excuse him and you plant a kiss on him. Go to bed with the rogue that bought you here. My husband didn't want to marry a whore. He married me. We fell in love after we were married. If you don't leave and if I ever catch you with my husband again, you might not come out alive. Do we understand each other?"
Belle yelled: "I hate you both! Quentin, you are a user! Go to Hades, both of you!"
Belle ran off. Quentin looked at Sapphire. "Darling, I am so glad that you witnessed what happened. I would never cheat on you. You sure told Belle off."
Sapphire smiled. "I can't blame her for trying. I find you hard to resist." Quentin embraced her and kissed her.

The ball was over. Lizzy was going to announce her decision to her family and then she was going to tell Sapphire. She had always turned to Sapphire for sisterly advice. Sapphire and Quentin stayed in her old bed that night and there was a lot of passion and love that night.
Word Count: 1,421

** Image ID #1649998 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/333368