*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338891
Rated: E · Book · History · #956758
Bios about Henry VIII's wives.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#338891 added September 12, 2007 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Jane Seymour
Jane Seymour{not the actress} was Henry's favorite wife. She was first part of Queen Catherine's court then was moved to wait on Anne Boleyn as Anne became Henry's second Queen.

In September 1535, the King stayed at the Seymour family home in Wilshire, England. This may be where King Henry first noticed Jane. Henry became disinterested in Anne of February 1535 and wanted Jane as he was in love with her.

Jane was calm but she feared for her life as she had seen how Henry treated his last two wives. She fell in love with the King anyway and flaunted it in front of Anne, the current Queen.

Henry and Jane were betrothed after 24 hours of Anne's execution. They married May 30, 1536. Jane never had a coronation like the other two Queens.

Jane became pregnant by early 1557. A Prince, son of Henry the VIII was born in October 1537. The baby was named Edward. Catherine's daughter Mary was named godmother and Anne's daughter Elizabeth also played a part in the ceremony. These were also Henry's daughters.

It is written that Jane had a C-section. {I didn't know it was possible back then}. Jane was weak after the birth and died two weeks after hers and Henry's son were born.

Henry had Jane buried at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle. Henry was buried with her when he died. She was the only wife Henry had really loved and grieved for.

** Image ID #1199820 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1222944 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1228550 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2007 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338891