*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343212
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#343212 added April 24, 2005 at 9:22pm
Restrictions: None
Fear
The young woman was crying again. Her forehead was hot, she found it hard to breathe again.

You cannot afford to stop.

"What? You're here?"

Yes.

The young woman stopped for a moment. "I'm sorry. I should be stronger-" She can't hold it any more. More tears. And pain. "It's so hard for me, to act, to do anything!"

Focus.

"What?"

Focus on what you are.

The young woman breathed deeply, like she had been taught. "I am you."

And who am I?

The young woman breathed deeply, again, unsure of how to respond. Sometimes the answer was different.

Don't say what you think I want to hear. Speak what your ka says.

"You are power." her voice was unsteady, not more than a whisper, but her words were sure.

What is power?

"Power is action. Power is force."

So how then can you have any power, if you do not have action? You are afraid of failing.

The young woman inhaled sharply. It hurt to have the truth spoken , to ever admit she had weakness. But she agreed. "Yes. I am."

Why?

The word was so simple, yet for all her education, she knew not how to answer. She was quiet for a long time thinking. " I fear having to face them saying I failed. I didn't try hard. I'm nothing. "

If you do not even begin, then those words you spoke are truth.

The young woman thought she heard 'Her' sigh.

You know you are stronger than them, and yet you allow them to control you without even saying a word. If you intend to do the impossible, you must first conquer the ordinary. Erasing your fears is first.

"It's so much to take in. Will I ever be ready?"

Only you who can answer.

© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343212