*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343707
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#343707 added April 26, 2005 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
Pacing
The young woman grinned, having had a long day of action. "I moved."

Oh? And what did you learn?

She was quiet for a moment, not realizing. "I learned just how incomplete I was without seeing things outside, how many pictures I missed."

I expected as much. Tell me. What do you intend to accomplish for me?

"What I intend? I intend to be done before I am too old, but I know that's probably impossible."

And why is that?

"There is so much to document, so much to listen to and see. How will I ever finish?"

Do not focus on the end.

"But that is the most important part! That's the grand finale, the piece de resistance! How can I not think of it?"

Think of stepping stones, lined up across a large lake. If you immediately jump from the first one to the last one, what would happen?

"I'd fall in the lake. I'd never make it."

You have already fallen, and now you are thrashing about the water.

The young woman nodded. "Yes. I am. I've been trying to do only the important things to get me further ahead, but I eventually have to go back and fill in gaps. It's a total mess!"

Yes. But the damage is not permanant. Finish what you started, and slow down. The young woman heard laughter. And feel no shame in asking for a hand up out of the mire when you misstep
© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343707