*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344287
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#344287 added May 2, 2005 at 9:43am
Restrictions: None
Perfection
"I wish I could stop making so many mistakes."

Why?

"Because it's annoying to go back. I wish I could be perfect."

There's no such thing.

"You're perfect."

No. None of us are. Even 'He' knows his weaknesses.

"Even him? Wow." This was something to think about. 'He' was often the surest one. The rock who sounded unshakable.

Suprised?

"Definitely. I mean, since you-"

Nothing can make anyone perfect. As long as you don't stop trying, attempting, you won't have to worry about being perfect.

"Then what should I be focused on, if not perfection?"

The young woman could hear 'Her' laughing. The young woman was slightly annoyed. Why so upset, Seshet? Perfection is something the powerful use as a tool to keep the ignorant in line, while obtaining their own goals. Again, you "should" do nothing, but I advise you to focus on strengthening yourself.

The young woman hung her head. "Yeah. I know I've been slacking off on my workouts." She heard a heavy, depressing sigh from 'Her', but she caught on quickly. "Oh. Yes, I do have some things to work on."

Like answering before you think of your answer? Lying without justification? Procrastination?

"You don't have to list them all like that."

Why not? So you can pretend they don't exist? You must fight your obstacles, or else they will fight you.

The young woman nodded. "Thanks. You help me a lot."

I can't remember the last time I was thanked sincerly by you.

The young woman ducked her head. "Really? I'm sorry. I shouldn't forget something like that."

No. You shouldn't.

The young woman wrinkled her brow. "But you said-"

But 'She' just laughed.

© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344287