*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/346372
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#346372 added May 10, 2005 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
Anger
It won't help you to stay angry at them. Don't poison yourself.

"I just don't know how to say how I feel without sounding - I don't know. Forget it. I'll cool off on my own."

I know you, Seshet. You hang on to things like a cat's claw in a cow's hide. The only way you'll get over it is by speaking your mind.

"I don't want to sound like a bitch. I want to sound like I'm not crazy."

You aren't crazy.

The young woman smirked. "Try telling that to them."

Action vs. inaction. All you're doing right now is guessing about what may or may not be true, when all you have to do is pick up the phone, and find out the truth. Or whatever it is they intend to tell you.

"That's what I'm afraid of. That I'll say what I feel, and then they'll just take it the wrong way."

All you have to do is your part by clearing the air if you feel it's neccesary. If they decide to talk about you later, and switch around your words, then they'll just prove your perceptions of them. You're old enough to hold your own.

"Why didn't I think of all that before?"

Because you keep on thinking you can't do it. But you can. Just say exactly what you mean, and don't back down. Be direct, be clear, and maybe they'll even end up respecting you. If they don't respect you afterwards, then move on. They aren't worth it.

"I hope I'll be able to get through it without going off."

"She" chuckled. What are you gonna do? Choke them through the phone? You are just stalling for time, Seshet. They can't touch you, if that's what you're afraid of. Just act, and whatever happens from there, happens.
© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/346372