*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347305
by Shaara
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #970570
This selection of stories and poems will enchant the child in you.
#347305 added May 15, 2005 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
Rubber Ducky and a Chocolate Shark


This is an illustration for "Rubber Ducky and Chocolate Syrup."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Rubber Ducky and a Chocolate Syrup Shark




         Mommy always fills the bathtub with bubbles. They float like Daddy’s shaving cream. Sometimes I pretend they are, and I shave my chin with my finger.

         Mommy fills the tub with warm water. She puts the water under the soapy. The water isn’t as pretty as the fluffy it makes. Soap-water shines in colors. Once I held a bubble close to my eye, and I could see myself inside. I was inside the bubble, looking at me.

         I get to play with Rubber Ducky when I float in soap rainbows. Ducky travels through the white mountains and dives down under. He fishes for his dinner underneath my legs. Then he pops back up with a splash. He makes the bubbles fly.

         I wanted to play Shark in my bathtub, but Mommy said, “No.” She thinks a shark would bite my toes, but the secret is that you wiggle them. Sharks can’t bite toes if they’re moving. Mommy giggles when I say that, but she won’t let me get the toy store shark, even when Rubber Duck asked her to.

         That’s why I got the Hershey’s ™ chocolate syrup bottle. It looked like a shark. It worked really good. It raced around the bubbles, in and out of my legs. It chased Rubber Ducky. But then I moved, and Shark didn’t.

         But that was really cool, too. Shark shot some chocolate syrup at Ducky, and Ducky splashed him. Except the bubbles lost their white. I yelled out to Mommy if I could turn on some warm water. She said OK. The bubbles came back, but they looked different.

         I got out of the tub and took a handful of bubble maker. I threw that at Shark and Rubber Ducky. Ducky smiled at me, but sharks don’t smile. They just show their teeth. Shark turned its back to me and ran and hid under the bubbles.

         Then Mommy called out like she always does to see if I’m OK. I told her that Rubber Ducky and I were fine. So she went back to reading. Mommy always reads when I play with Rubber Ducky.

         I got back into the tub. The water was warm and fuzzy with bubbles. I sank my toes. Then Shark came out of hiding. He swam over to me. I think he was mad ‘cause he hit me with his nose.

          Rubber Ducky came over to help me. He chased Shark away, but it was lonely with nobody to play with. I called them back. But they didn't come.

         I looked down at the new white bubbles. They looked like clouds. But clouds aren’t really white. Real clouds are black.

         I told that to Rubber Ducky and Shark. Shark said he could change the color of the clouds. So I said, "OK."

         Shark squirted a little bit, and then some more, and the clouds got black –- well kind of brownie-black. It was cool.

          Rubber Ducky got jealous and wanted to go play in the clouds, too. He ran into the chocolate syrup and got chocolate all over him.

         He got mad at Shark, and they chased each other all around. Some chocolate got on my legs, but I licked it off. It tasted good, but kind of soapy.

         Then Mommy came in. She yelled at me. She made me get out of the tub, and she took Shark and Rubber Ducky away. Then I had to take another bath! My skin looked like a cantaloupe rind!

         Later, I didn’t get any cocoa. Mommy said that five-year-olds who take the chocolate syrup into the bathtub don’t get cocoa.

         I didn’t mean to make a mess. It was all Shark’s fault -- Shark and Rubber Ducky!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

© Copyright 2005 Shaara (UN: shaara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shaara has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347305