*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347787-I-felt-God-speak-to-me-today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #178297
Ok so I am addicted...
#347787 added May 17, 2005 at 9:38pm
Restrictions: None
I felt God speak to me today.
God is so awesome. Lately I have felt a calling to have more quiet time. The Lord often reminds me I am not doing a great job of trying to fulfill this calling. For instance he will send a sermon or a thought my way often to remind me.
Well this week as been a stressful week in the way of lots of events and the last week of school and all. So today for about 15 minutes my class had gone to P.E. and so I pulled out my Bible and began reading some verses. As I was thumbing through my Bible I was reminded of Charles Stanley preaching on how the Lord will show you what he wants you to know or hear. I kept reading verses (just popping out on the page) that applied to my life. Well having a low self esteem at times I thought-- "AM i building myself up as a good person or am I blinded by my sins." Don't get me wrong.. I sin. But at this moment everything I was reading was positive. For example, there is a lot of gossip and catfighting in my work place and I try to stay out of it. I read several verses ( not even looking for them) to ignore such and keep a quiet spirit. Well I do that for the most part. But then I found myself questioning that-- like don't I LOrd -- I think I do. Well these inadequancies kind of kept playing out in my mind and I was wrestling wheather the LOrd is trying to tell me something or not.
Just then a parent ( not even one of my student's parent) comes to the door and says, " I just want to tell you-- I know you didn't teach my son but I am a people watcher and I have been watching you for years and well I just want you to know you are so awesome-- your are a great teacher-- always smiling and I can tell you care about these kids...." It went on and on. I know God sent him to me when he did. I mean this is the middle of the morning. This parent is at the school often as his wife works there but I hardly see him anymore. FOr him to come when he did -- it was truly God sending him. I needed a boost from God and he gave it to me today.
© Copyright 2005 Soul sister (UN: suzydiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Soul sister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347787-I-felt-God-speak-to-me-today