*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/354890-Keeping-the-Wolves-at-Bay
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#354890 added June 21, 2005 at 1:06am
Restrictions: None
Keeping the Wolves at Bay
I'm being chased by a pack of wolves. They answer to a tall hulking man wearing a long shaggy coat. (It appears to be made of greasy tattered animal skins.)

I cannot see the man's face,it's hidden deep in the shadow of the battered leather stetson he wears. I do not know his name, but I fear him greatly.

I'm managing to stay ahead of the man and his wolves, but only just. In a deep voice he grunts out commands to the wolves, but I cannot understand his words.

It's getting colder,and snow starts to fall from the leaden sky. Wind is picking up speed, and the icy snow stings my hands and bites into the skin on my face.

My energy is fading, being sapped by the cold. I'm not able to run as fast now. I realize it's only a matter of time until the wolves reach me.

I see my house in the distance, an old grey wooden building that hasn't seen paint in many years. If I can only get there before they catch me. Maybe I can barricade myself inside, try to hold them off until help arrives.

The sky is darkening as I stumble onto the porch. I try to enter the house but I can't. Someone has put a large rusty padlock on the door.

I'm standing on the open porch in the driving snow, terrified and out of options. The man growls a command at the pack and the wolves turn towards me.

I cry out as the lead wolf leaps onto the porch and jumps straight at my face.


© Copyright 2005 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/354890-Keeping-the-Wolves-at-Bay