*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/355155
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#355155 added June 22, 2005 at 2:06pm
Restrictions: None
Sounds At My Grandparents House
When I was a kid, I spent all my summers at my grandparents house which was out in the country on a farm. When Dad was in Viet Nam three times, my mother and I were living there, too. I found this writing prompt and decided to write about it.

Writing Prompt: List all the sounds you used to hear at your grandparents house.

Grandma used to stay up and watch Johnny Carson. I remember listening to the music from the Tonight Show. I remember hearing Johnny's dialogue. He was funny. Grandma would listen to the Grand Ole Opry every Saturday night. She would have to turn the radio on and it would squeal and have so much static in it but she would get to hear her station. I couldn't handle Ernest Tubb And Roy Acuff's music but it made her happy.

I remember being outside in the summer time chasing lightning bugs and hearing the whiperwill birds, crickets and frogs going ribbitt. An occassional car would drive by and you could hear that, too. It if would happen to storm, course you could hear the thunder and the rain.

In the day time, Grandma would turn on her radio to more country music. Grandpa would start up the tractor and you could hear it running. When ever there new baby kittens, you could hear them meowing. I would go pick them up and hold them one at a time. I love kittens. You could also hear robins singing. Sometimes, a plane or helicopter would fly over and you could hear the sounds that they make. The dog would be barking at something. Ruff!

These are such happy memories. My grandparents have passed on and my cousin lives in their house now. I will always cherish the memories of being at my Grandparents house. The memories are priceless.
** Image ID #982565 Unavailable **
** Image ID #981485 Unavailable **
** Image ID #978729 Unavailable **

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

© Copyright 2005 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/355155