*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362571-Problems-Revisited
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #942302
Sunflower's Blog
#362571 added July 29, 2005 at 1:44am
Restrictions: None
Problems Revisited
There's a lag in education that I seem to keep running in to when I want to learn something new on the computer. It's the same old problem. It's a problem I walked away from probably three months ago. I was ready to learn, and POW, right between the yes. They got me again. I give.

But maybe I've learned a bigger lesson. It has to do with the numbers associated with programs. My problem now is Adobe 7.0 with CS. That's the "Classroom in a Book" version of the Photoshop program I have. I went through lesson one with a class at the community college. I only went to the first class because I have Photoshop 6.0 at home. They don't go together, exactly.

I know one difference between the two programs. 7.0 doesn't have the browser, and that's the first thing the book deals with. I scratched my head and thought for awhile. I surfed the web to see how much a new Photohop would cost. I called a couple of stores to check on prices and availability.

Of course, enough time has passed that Photoshop in the store is now 8.0. I could get 7.0 + CS (which is the Creative Suite. The professor said to get CS if you were going to invest that much money anyhow.) That much money at the store is about $600. Cheeze! Talk about a slap in the face. I wanted to learn. Nobody was gonna have to pull me in off the street, or chain me to the computer or anything. Ready to learn how to learn is about all I am now, plus slightly vexed.

I want to learn this darn thing so I can illustrate my book that I want to have ready for the publisher by October. I see a bit of a setback. I'm liable to procrastinate myself into not getting it done this year. Quick, say a prayer for me.

So, I'm in a quandry. I think I'm going to buy a 6.0 book and tutorial disc, for $25 on E-Bay or $45 at the Borders Bookstore close to me. Except I can't do anything until my replacement credit card gets here. Another problem.

I recently have gone through debt consolidation, which I ought to at least write a short on because I wouldn't have done what I did if I'd known what I know now. I misplaced the one credit card I have left, so there's a new one in the mail but I can't spend till the new number arrives.

One cannot even open up an E-Bay account without a credit card. So, as soon as the new *********** gets here, I'm sure the old card will show up under a pile of papers or under a book. That's just the way my luck has been running. But it's okay. I could be worse off.

I don't think anybody stole it, but I've been warned about an associate in the social circle. Bottom line is, I can't do anything about learning in the way I'd planned right now. In a couple of weeks I may lose my motivation. Maybe not. I procrastinate a lot.

But, I know the numbers of computer programs make a difference. I'll remember that part. I should be able to gloss over the differences, but I'm just in tune enough for that to send me into "don't have a clue" land.

Now, I remember having that problem with Word, except it was the other way around. I had Word 2002, and the schools were teaching 97 or 99. Somehow I got through it. It's just that I didn't need another hurle right now.

So I'll have a plan for two weeks from now, and go back to editing and selecting what I want to put in my book. It's a scarey thing, like an artist with a blank easle. Tomorrow knows.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362571-Problems-Revisited