*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370411
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#370411 added September 3, 2005 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
Rage
Don't give them anything. Not your blood, not your tears, not your pain. Do you hear me? 'She' told the young woman. They've taken more than any human deserves to take from another-

"And they'll never stop taking until I'm dead. I'm in a corner. Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide." The young woamn felt enraged at her betrayal, and hurt. It seemed no matter how many times she patched her wounds, someone would rip off the bandages. And she would bleed again. "I don't have anywhere to go now. What should I do?"

'She' was silent.

"What should I do?" The young woman cried out. "They keep on hurting me, and they'll never stop, and I can't get away! Help me!" she hid her face in her hands. "Please." she whispered.

I'm sorry I can't do more for you. I feel even more powerless than you. I...have to watch, after all.

"I know. I shouldn't involve you in this." The young woman sniffled, wiping away hot tears with her sleeve.

But I am involved. Your situation is being complicated every day. I know that's part of the reason you aren't finished with the project. I...wish I could do more than listen, but my ears are all I have to give.

The young woman gave a small, sad smile. "Well, that's better than most people are willing to give me. Thanks."
© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370411