*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378204-the-start-of-trouble
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #984020
This is about the pitfalls of a superstar athlete who is trying to remain true to himself.
#378204 added October 9, 2005 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
the start of trouble
The summer before their senior year Teddy and A.J. had a couple of run ins with James Spencer and his band of mindless followers. The first time was at the movie theatre when Ashley was waiting in the lobby for James. A.J. walked over to say hello while Teddy was in the snack line. They started talking and were laughing hysterically within seconds. As James exited the restroom he saw this and blew his top.

"ASHLEY! What are you doing talking to this low life"?

"James relax this is A.J. he was in my English class".

"So does that mean you have to flirt with him and make a spectacle of yourself"?

"What are you talking about? We’re just talking and the only one making a spectacle is you"!

"Listen junior! You need to stay away from my girlfriend or else! Understand"?

"Calm down. We weren’t harming anybody. Besides Ashley is free to talk to whomever she chooses".

"Maybe you don’t comprehend like the rest of us so let me explain. I said to stay away and I ALWAYS get my way. I have plenty of friends and know people in all the right places. I can make your life a living hell if you get on my bad side".

At that moment Teddy came walking up with popcorn filled grin across his face. Is there a problem here?
James quickly looked around and realized that the numbers were not in his favor. No problem – at least for now.

And with that they went their separate ways – Teddy handing A.J. a bag of popcorn and a pop as they fumbled their way into the darkness of the movie theatre. Ashley went with James but she seemed to have a hint of hesitation as they headed towards the exit. James clearly had some insecurity issues and A.J. couldn’t understand why someone who had everything would feel so threatened by a guy who barely spoke to his girlfriend?

After that every time James would see A.J. he would shoot him this look of hatred and disgust. There were a couple of brief run ins at the grocery store and gas station but the boys mothers, even if they were unaware of the fact, usually prevented it from escalating into a full blown fight.

James didn’t like to play fair so he always had some protection near by in case something went down. His protection consisted of some of his teammates while others were school rejects. These guys were the greasiest most delinquent juveniles imaginable and you rarely saw them because they were either suspended, banned from school property or they were incarcerated. Of course these were not the kind of chaps that snobs like James Spencer would ever associate with under normal circumstances and he treated them accordingly. And they loathed little rich boys like Spencer but when someone pays you to beat people up you tend to ignore the source of the money and just reap the benefits.
© Copyright 2005 Kingfan (UN: kingfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kingfan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378204-the-start-of-trouble