*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378214-back-to-baseball
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #984020
This is about the pitfalls of a superstar athlete who is trying to remain true to himself.
#378214 added October 9, 2005 at 11:01am
Restrictions: None
back to baseball
James Spencer never breathed a word about the incident in the park and for that A.J. and Teddy had to give him credit. And with him gone the goon squad dismantled and their senior season went off with out a hitch. A.J. made the honor roll again and both he and Teddy had stellar seasons on the diamond. A.J. finally got his date with Ashley but all she wanted to do was talk about James and what happened so he never asked her on a second date.
The team as a whole did not fare well but Teddy and A.J. were named 1st team all stars. They both received scholarship offers from several schools. Teddy was courted by Penn State, Connecticut, Michigan, LSU and a few west coast schools. A.J. not only received athletic scholarship offers but he also had academic scholarships pouring in from educational schools like Yale, Oxford, West Point, MIT and Georgia Tech. The choices seemed endless for both young men and to make the decision of which school to attend more difficult there were major league scouts at nearly every one of their baseball games.
A Detroit scout promised to take Teddy in the 4th or 5th round depending on how the rest of the draft went, Kansas City wanted to see how he did as a designated hitter and the Oakland A’s showed interest. A scout from the Yankees talked to A.J. on more than one occasion and told him that if they drafted him in the 1st or 2nd round the payday would be astronomical. A.J. never really liked New York but he would like to take care of his parents one day. The Cubs needed an everyday shortstop, which they felt A.J. could make the switch from 2nd base, and the Marlins said they have a place in the organization for him but never clarified what kind of position.


© Copyright 2005 Kingfan (UN: kingfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kingfan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378214-back-to-baseball