*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378219
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #984020
This is about the pitfalls of a superstar athlete who is trying to remain true to himself.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#378219 added October 9, 2005 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
signing a contract
A few days later A.J. and Teddy, who were accompanied by their fathers, met Mr. Sanchez at the Reading Phillies clubhouse. Introductions were completed and then everyone entered into a conference. There were various juices and pastries along the far wall and in the center of the room there was an oval shaped table with exactly 5 chairs positioned around it.
We have some snacks on the table, said Mr. Sanchez. Help yourself if you like. I will be back in a minute and we will get these boys signed to a contract.
Mr. Sanchez exited the room and closed the door behind him. The boys headed for the buffet but Mr. Smith stopped them just as they reached the table.
Boys you need to project a professional image and professionals do not eat in the middle of a negotiation. It shows weakness and gives the advantage to the other side. Just sit down and let the adults do the talking. The boys sat down and Mr. Wilcox joined them.
The boys were side by side and were flanked by their fathers. Mr. Sanchez returned with some papers in his hand and said, “Let’s get this done and then I’ll take you on a tour of the facility”. He sat in the remaining seat and passed out a copy of contracts. These are standard contracts with the typical legal mumbo jumbo throughout. We are gonna go through them from start to finish so that we all understand what is required of the parties involved. As an overview though it basically says that you agree to play baseball for the Philadelphia Phillies organization and we agree to pay you for your services.
Teddy let’s start with you. We are offering you a 4 year contract worth $2.5 million with a $650,000 signing bonus. A.J. your deal is very similar in that we are prepared to sign you for the next 4 years as well. Your signing bonus is $800,000 and your total salary will equal $3.25 million.
Chappy leaned into his son and whispered, “Are you really that good”?
A.J. simply shrugged his shoulders and replied in a very humble tone, “If he says so”.


© Copyright 2005 Kingfan (UN: kingfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kingfan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378219