*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378376-Backache-and-more
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #933561
I have a few things to say and I am gonna say them here ...
#378376 added October 10, 2005 at 5:31am
Restrictions: None
Backache and more
For the last several days, my spine has acted up and I have been forced to limit my computer time. I started off with pain-killers and muscle relaxants, medicines which normally work for me. They did not give the optimal results, so I was "moved" to start physiotherapy with Masina Hospital, which I otherwise visit as a consultant. They began with short-wave diathermy, then went on to TENSE (trans-epidermal nerve stimulation) and infra-red lamp, along with traction. As these weren't really helping, I began to visit Dr. Batliwala, a known acupuncturist, from day 5 of my pain. He started with electro-acupuncture, and then went on to using the "TDP Lamp", ultrasonic, roller electrostimulation and some other alternative therapies. All these give instant and complete relief, but alas, it is all temporary ... and I would begin to get the pain again within 4-5 hours.

I am using a lumbosacral belt and am now slightly better off with the belt.

Over these 12-14 days, I travelled only by car, in the end, spending a lot of money on extra petrol costs and also gave fines to the police for i)driving while using the mobile phone and ii) parking in a no-parking zone etc.

I got my MRI done on Saturday and it shows no changes from the earlier time.

-DRTAHER

© Copyright 2005 Dr Taher writes again! (UN: drtaher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Taher writes again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378376-Backache-and-more