*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380194-June-1-2005-laurencia
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
June 1, 2005: laurencia

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Noticing Newbies Newsletter is geared to help new members get acquainted with Writing.com -- there is so much do and all the features can be overwhelming! Our goal is to help new members make their time here more fun and manageable. Each week we will showcase new authors items (poetry, short story, polls, etc.). Exposure for each member's writing will help bring more rates and reviews for their work, and by bringing more member interaction to the member, that will give them the opportunity to build friendships with other members, as long as they reciprocate reviews and conversation -- remember, it is a two way street.

"There's someone that you haven't already met, go introduce yourself to him or her. Walls and labels can't keep you from the people who are so similar to you in spirit. There's a friendly face behind every door if you pick the right moment to knock. Once you start your wave of creative outreach, it turns into a contagious force. People are waking up and smiling at each other, sharing their dreams without hesitation. This community is worth something."

-- Author Unknown

Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor

Hello New Members!

Writing.com (W.C.) is such a wonderful site. Even with the amount of growth W.C. has endured in almost five years, it still remains a family-orientated community.

If you are a writer, W.C. is an informative place to have your work reviewed by other members; but what's more important, it provides a comfort zone to let your creativity blossom and grow. I personally have not come across a site where I felt as comfortable as I do here with posting my work for others to see.

Since I became a member here I have grown tremendously as a writer...mostly due to supportive people I have met here. My friends have helped me to stay positive, which is sometimes difficult when the progress of getting your work published can be grueling.

It is exciting to witness a few of the members become published authors. It gives you that extra motivation and inspiration to be productive doing what you love.

What is more important than recognition and making money...remaining a lover of words. Sometimes, we writers have to write material that you would not normally write, but do to earn a credit for your resume or earn money. Don't forget what it is that you love to write, and don't give up trying to get YOUR work published.

If you are a reader, there are many genres to spend time with here. You can also rate and review members' work, most people appreciate your efforts. Who knows, while spending time here, maybe a writer within you will be awakened that you didn't realize was dying to come out. *smile*

Until next time...
** Image ID #693142 Unavailable **

Editor's Picks

*Star* Monthly featured newbies I have personally chosen for your enjoyment: *Star*


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#973291 by Not Available.


 Whispers of the Wind, Echos of a Sword  (ASR)
The First Chapter: TAREM'S FAREWELL
#972790 by ≈ Frost Cry ≈


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#969819 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#968384 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#956678 by Not Available.


The Visit  (13+)
Just how thin is the line between love and hate?
#938736 by Blondeglamazon


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#952330 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#973107 by Not Available.


 What's Wrong  (E)
Has someone asked you what's wrong and wonder if they REALLY want to know?
#973043 by peppermint patty


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#975232 by Not Available.

 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer

Puditat
Ah, you are so wonderful. Thank you, Laurencia, for yet another informative and interesting editorial.

You're welcome my friend. And thank you for your continued support.


Reason
Wow! You picked another one of mine. Thank You!!!

Reason

You're welcome!


Cubby~Cheering House Florent!
Excellent newsletter, Laurencia! Do you know I have never reviewed a product??? I never really considered it until I read this very informative editorial you have shared with us. Nice work.
Cubby ")

Thank you sweet Cubby! It's fun and informative for your readers.


megsie2584
Laurencia,

Great topic. Maybe I'll try writing a review of a book I just finished.

Did you know that you used the word "product" 22 times? It interrupted the flow of the article a little.

You know Megan, you are so right! lol! It's annoying isn't it. I'm usually careful when I proof my work. I don't know how the heck I overlooked this. Thank you for pointing out my error and for enjoying the topic. *smile*


Areida is a Pita
Wow... I NEVER expected to have two of my pieces showcased in the same newsletter... that is such a tremendous honour, and I thank you. It's things like this that inspire and encourage me to continue writing. Thanks again and God bless. --Areida

You are so welcome Areida!


I love hearing from you all!

See you June 29th!

laurencia 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 10-18-05 @ 3:49pm | Modified: 10-18-05 @ 3:49pm      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380194-June-1-2005-laurencia