*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380491-Rain-Clouds-Rainbows-Sunset-and-Sunrise
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #554904
Just Jul Lee is just me. I write my thoughts and observations.
#380491 added October 19, 2005 at 9:48am
Restrictions: None
Rain, Clouds, Rainbows, Sunset and Sunrise
Rain, Clouds, Rainbows, Sunset and Sunrise
DATE: October 19, 2005


So, last night I set up my praise date with God but I ran to the store, which seriously cut into it. Anyway, after I purchased all that I wanted to, I headed out to the car.

The clouds had rolled in around 3 and the rain began shortly thereafter, complete with lightening and thunder. I love the rain. It is definately my favorite weather. Cloudy, rainy days always make me happy. Snow is a close second as a favorite but that will be a later entry for sure.

When I had arrived at the store, there was a gentle rainbow sweeping across the grey sky. I smiled and thanked God for the beautiful rainbow before heading in to shop.

When I emerged, there were two rainbows and the second one took my breath completely away.

I have never seen such a clear, vibrant, complete rainbow in my whole life. The colors were so vivid that they could never be recreated, the arch stretching across a grey sky with smooth purity, a few wispy clouds drifting in front of the lower section of the gift from God.

I coudn't find the words to tell God how beautiful it was. I always ended up saying that it was 'so pretty' because I was awestruck by its perfection and color.

I headed toward it to see it disappear behind a mountain peak covered heavy with clouds. It took my breath away.

As I drove toward home (the opposite direction) I came across a lovely sunset. The sky was pure gold near the mountains, the clouds dusted with the brightest, purest, untainted gold you have ever seen. Once again, I was reduced to 'pretty' as I marveled at God's ability and desire to gift us with such beauty.

As the sun continued to set, a pink that would make EVERYONE love pink, if the color could be recreated, which I highly doubt, touched and filled a cloud. It was so lovely that I nearly cried as I praised and thanked God the whole way home, the beauty warming my soul and filling me with light and joy.

God didn't stop there. This morning, as I dropped my mom off, I saw a sunrise that rivaled the sunset last night. The few lingering grey clouds hugged the mountain but the sun broke through, sending thick, intense, golden rays into the air and spashed across the dense, dark, grey storm clouds.

Once again, I thanked God for blessing us with His gifts of color and light, bringing beauty to us with such simple things.

It amazes me that God would think of the little things, like sunrises and sunsets being so colorful, so wonderful. He blesses us in ways that we can't even fathom. He turns our mourning into dancing, our weeping into laughing, and He does it for us, not for Him. He makes our lives better, loves us, blesses us and comforts us to show us just how much we mean to Him.

So, perk up, my friends. If you are saved, if you are His child, He has many gifts for you. For others, every cloud may have a silver lining, but for us, His children, the loves of His life, the lining is pure gold.

© Copyright 2005 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380491-Rain-Clouds-Rainbows-Sunset-and-Sunrise