*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388255-Thanksgiving-2005
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#388255 added November 25, 2005 at 6:57am
Restrictions: None
Thanksgiving 2005
We were supposed to have a blizzard. Luckily, for us the snow went to other parts of Indiana and Michigan. My in-laws were supposed to go to Michigan but had Thanksgiving dinner with us. They live next to the gravel road three minutes away. We were just getting ready to serve the dinner and the lights went out! The rolls weren't done baking and we were going to be eating in the dark. My husband went outside and turned the generator on. It was snowing again. The dinner went well. The electricity was off for two hours.

Our son Jason and his wife stopped by for dessert. They had my daughter-in-laws parents over for dinner and they had left. Erin's parents have lived in South Dakota for three years but moved back to Indiand three months ago, so they missed the last few years of Thanksgiving dinner together. Erin spoils my husband as she bought him a pumpkin pie over. My DVD movies of Star Wars III and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were returned. We enjoyed dessert of chocolate cake that I had baked, whoppee pies{these are like Suzy Q Cakes}, homemade carmels and of course my husband Dean had his pumpkin pie. My son decided that he wanted some turkey sandwiches so we had them, too. My parents were able to make it to Dad's sister for Thanksgiving. She lives in the snow belt but they too were spared the blizzard that headed in the Michigan direction. Another Thanksgiving has come and left. Next will be Christmas and I will have my family over for Christmas Eve. I hope there are no threats of blizzards! Just a little white snow would be nice. I am dreaming of a White Christmas!
** Image ID #781506 Unavailable **
A Birthday sig made by best friend Angel of me and Eeyore.

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
** Image ID #992334 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2005 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388255-Thanksgiving-2005