*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388299-The-Day-After
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #1031057
My thoughts on everything from albacore tuna to zebras
#388299 added November 25, 2005 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
The Day After
So, it's the day after Thanksgiving. Big deal. Sure, everybody has gone shopping...except me. The leftovers are all stuffed in the refridgerator, the dishes are all done, the house put back into order after the onslaught of nine rendered it semi-inhabitable. All this and 6 inches of snow besides. Lucky me.

Today is my day. Today is the day I magically turn into a slug and do absolutely nothing. I pity the shopping masses. I pity more the store clerks that deal with them. I will think of them often as I eat my leftover turkey,stuffing and cranberry sandwich, propping my feet up and reading a good book.

Shovel snow, you say? Naw, it'll melt. Get some projects done around the house? Nope that's tomorrow's agenda. get ready for deer season on Monday? Nope that's Sunday's agenda. Today, I do absolutely nothing. Today,I will burrow beneath the covers, peeking out every once in awhile to make sure the world is still there. It's a very unpleasent feeling to find out that while you weren't paying attention someone up and moved the world on you, so I'll keep the occasional tab on it. It would be nice if you could be like a surfer, tethering the world to your ankle like a surfboard, or like a college student home from an all night party, who plants one foot on the floor when he lies down to get the world to stop spinning. Hmmmm, maybe I'll try that. Maybe I'll just plant a foot on the floor when I close my eyes and then I won't have to peek anymore. yawn...I feel a nap coming on.

Note to readers: the previous was brought to you by the strange mixture of post-Thanksgiving exhaustion, muscle relaxants, and the voices in my head. Man, it's getting crowded in there.

© Copyright 2005 Rasputin (UN: joeumholtz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rasputin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388299-The-Day-After