*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389816-Red-Lobster
Rated: 13+ · Book · Community · #1031057
My thoughts on everything from albacore tuna to zebras
#389816 added December 1, 2005 at 8:32pm
Restrictions: None
Red Lobster
Is it me or is this restaurant way overpriced for the quality of food? Having grown up within a couple hour drive of the ocean where all the restaurants served fresh seafood, I just don't get Red Lobster. My wife and son think it's the greatest restaurant around and after pestering for a month or two I usually break down and take them there. Tonight was the night. $75.00 later plus tip, I'm trying to figure out why. The food wasn't anything special. I cook better shrimp and scallops at home. the piece of flounder I had was terrible. The one bright spot was the salad with bleu cheese dressing. I'm a sucker for a good salad. my wife had a mixed drink, my son had two. That was $15.00 right there. We didn't get dessert and the crab cheese fondue we had was mostly bread and no fondue. Very good waitress I must admit and nice admosphere but if I'm going to drop $90 on a meal I want it to be one I remember for the right reasons, not the wrong ones. Fast food seafood, if you ask me. The really bad part? My son's birthday is in another couple of months and he'll want to go back. My wife's follows in another two months, same thing. My birthday is the following month. I do chicken on the grill. *Smile* Now that's good eatin'!

© Copyright 2005 Rasputin (UN: joeumholtz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rasputin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389816-Red-Lobster